Cars been damaged, where do i stand here?........

Tony

I'm between a rock and a hard place now.... Obviously the kids don't have insurance and the parents are offering payment but i fear once real numbers come up they will bolt.... Next issue is them taking the car to a bodyshop they know and i'm thinking this will be a cheap as chips repair?

Personally I wouldn't agree to that, I would get the estimate and see what they say. If they do refuse, perhaps get an estimate from the other place, but then still do the work at the first place, let them pay whatever the other quoted and you pay the difference.

Not the ideal solution, but at least your car gets fixed properly, you don't get stung too hard, and they don't get off scot free either.

I will get a quote in the next few days once my investor agrees a location that suits...... Thing is it could have been worse and the kids just rode off so fair play to them for staying put.

I thought the kids were going to ride off but someone stopped them?

TBH when you're a kid you don't really think about these things. I remember cycling home from the shops around that age, came around the corner and someone had parked right on the bend so I went smack into the rear of the car and fell off. At that age it didn't occur to me to check for damage, I just carried on home.

Someone did stop them and fair play to them for staying...... Fact is two of them were on one bike and i kid you not it had no brakes, i even tried to adjust them for them while waiting for the police.......