Sold my Focus today and bought a new one

SMARTLY

Sat. Nav. you can't input postcode and house number as in the manual, only full address and house number.

That's a bit unusual for a new car, don't Fords run that Microsoft developed system? Thought that had full post code search unless I'm mistaken?

That's SYNC 2 which is not in UK Focus yet. Mine has full postcode search but no house number that's what's bugging me ( well one of the things ). Also the USA SYNC the owner can update in situe but not in the UK.

• 1 month later...

Had a trip to visit my mum on bank holiday Monday, 250 mile round trip in non-stop rain. Car drove fine, only problems were  juddering wiper blades ( I had treated from new with the AutoGlym life sealant like Rain-X ) so need to do something about the screen, I tried cleaning the rubbers but it didn't improve it. At times the rain was that heavy and spray that high that you couldn't see the lights of the cars in front, fortunately most people were driving sensibly. Only other thing was the fuel consumption, 33mpg on the way down and up to 37mpg on the way back due to reducing top speed on cruise control by 5mph and traffic keeping speed down in quite a few places. So compared to the diesel this "ecoboost" is not very economical at all. Published figures as always are not achievable at normal driving speeds. Published figures are 44, 67, 55.

I've read that as well, mpg should improve as you put some more miles on it. If it doesn't then that's pretty shocking, I could get 30mpg from mine on a long run with careful driving.

With the wiper judder, some treatments do cause this but it usually dies down after a while. You could try cleaning the glass with some IPA and see if that helps.

the glass with some IPA and see if that helps

That was one of my thoughts but then it removes the AutoGlym life treatment.

It depends what is in it, the one I've used from Gtechniq bonds to the glass and IPA won't touch it.

The blades sound to efficient as in to much grip. You can bend the arm very slightly ( not blade ) and that will reduce the traction.

I don't think it is, it's a common problem with glass treatments that you get wiper judder afterwards.

They would still judder, it leaves a coating on the glass which changes the friction of the surface, hence the products repel water. The blades are gripping, releasing, gripping etc and cause a judder. What blades are they, I think the silicone flat style ones are better suited to these products?

I used to use PIAA wipers on the LOexus cars I had and they worked a dream. Not sure they do the new curved ones.

It's the PIAA I still have on my Lexus - which way are they curved? They do many types of the silicone wipers now, including curved blades and flat blades.

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

The Focus 3 is not on there. The windscreen is curved so the blade is curved to match, if you pull it away from the screen it's an arc .... if that makes sense. According to ebay Bosch twin do replacements but I shouldn't be buying replacement on a new car as they will most likely judder as well as it's the screen causing it ( as above ).