Air con parts suppliers and O rings

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:offtopic: Where you going anyway?

The usual place, Norfolk. Going late Wednesday (after rush hour) and coming back Sunday night, plus I have all of next week off and the bank holiday Monday so plenty of time to fit the new one.

:lol: Southend seafront to Essex people is probably like Great Yarmouth to those in Norfolk. Hemsby is a few miles north and a small village so it's not as touristy, abit like going to Leigh on Sea or Thorpe Bay, you're near it but not right on top. You'd be surprised how many people who live in Norwich actually own caravans/chalets on the East coast and stay in them every weekend. It's always the same people there whenever we go but a 300 mile round trip is abit much for us to do every week.

I went to school in Rayleigh! :)

Southend is ok for young people but wouldn't you prefer somewhere more quiet like Shoeburyness, which is further along? You can always go up the A12 towards Colchester way and stay in Walton on the Naze or Frinton on sea (I would avoid Clacton). The beaches are abit nicer around there.

I got the condenser yesterday and the connectors are definitely in a different place to the other one I got but I'm not convinced about the mounting points. It still looks the same height to me, maybe a fraction less but I'll have to measure it against the one on the car when I'm back, which means removing the bumper, again!

It's difficult to tell from the photo but the first one they sent me is on top, the new one underneath. The mounting pins are shorter but I don't think that will make any difference cos they have to sit on the rubber bushes anyway. If I still can't get the top brackets on I'll have to try and bend them or something.

WP_20140812_18_01_45_Pro.jpg

Well it doesn't get any better! The mounting pins are 1cm too tall on the new one so the brackets still don't line up with the holes. If I remove the bottom rubber bushes it sits on I can do the top brackets ok.

I emailed them again and he can't understand it, the new condenser is one of their premium ones that they sell to insurance companies so cost more and are better quality. I asked if I could cut the pins down by 0.5cm on each one but he didn't say this would be ok, I asked in case it voids the warranty. Only other thing is I dig some of the rubber out of the bushes but I'm not sure how to do this, any ideas?

WP_20140820_15_49_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20140820_15_49_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20140820_15_53_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20140820_16_02_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20140820_16_03_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20140820_15_51_44_Pro.jpg

That's a good idea but I've done it now. WD40 really makes cutting easier but cos it was slippery I stuck the Stanley knife in my finger! :rolleyes:

I just cut a small section off at a time until I could get the brackets on. The drier is in an awkward location and when you undo or tighten the bolts the pipe bends slightly. I managed to bend it back but I just hope it's not been damaged.

Time to get it regassed now, fingers crossed nothing else is wrong.

WP_20140821_12_01_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20140821_12_01_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20140821_12_00_29_Pro.jpg

Just glad it's done now, was starting to annoy me! I've never had issues like this with pattern parts before. The guy is coming out in the morning to regass it.

On the plus side I can remove the bumper within 10 minutes now! :lol: