Air con parts suppliers and O rings

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's annoying it happened more than anything - I stripped everything off and then halfway through fitting the new parts the bolt sheared. So all the old stuff goes back on and then I need to do it all again. Oh well once it's done it should be good for a few years hopefully.

Typical mechanics i'm afraid..... I can't say how many times i've had to explain to a customer a bolt has snapped and there will be additional costs involved to correct the problem. As you have experienced there's no warning it's going to snap. sometimes it's tight and i ask permission to continue other times it's just snaps from the outset.

Have you told them that before starting any work though? Usually people like to know the cost upfront so when you say a bolt has snapped that'll be another £XX please you can kind of understand them being upset about it. In an ideal world all bolts would be replaced as well and I usually do that but didn't think I'd need to with such a small bolt!  :rolleyes:

Argh! This Civic condenser is a nightmare. Just stripped the car again, almost finished bolting the new bits on and I've just realised the new condenser is slightly taller so I can't get the brackets on. The hole for the top pipe is also higher up than the standard one. There is only one type of condenser for this car though and the measurement's on the website were the same, dunno how I missed this.

Trouble is that bolt snapped on me and I had to drill the hole out. Where do I stand getting it replaced cos they've obviously sold me the wrong part?

The snapped bolt isn't the issue though they have supplied a unit that doesn't fit properly. I've got some photos will upload later.

The width is the right size, the core part with the fins is the right size but the tubular mounting bits are too long and the hole for one of the pipes is too high. A pattern part should be just that the same as the original.

There is only one type of condenser for this car, it's only the type r that is different. I'll email them see what they say but it obviously isn't very well made cos that bolt hole shouldn't of been that tight.

This is the part on their website - http://www.adrad.co.uk/prices/aircon_prices.php?type=autoair&id=16-1145&engine=&model=CIVIC&make=HONDA&cat=Condensers&from=2001&to=2006

I bought from their ebay store cos it's cheaper - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271262055685?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Note their part number is the same on both links. I took the measurements from their website and all the Civics between 2001-2006 use the same condenser so I didn't think I could go wrong.

I stupidly paid for it using a link to their website with my credit card and not paypal so not covered by them - lesson learnt there! I did that cos I bought the drier as well so they discounted the posted.

When I got it I measured the new one and it was right or so I thought.

With it fitted this is how high it is, the bolt for the bracket should go in the hole underneath it.

condenser_02.jpg

This is the new condenser on top of the old one, you can see the top connection block is too high and the mounting points are too high. I could actually connect the top pipe ok, I didn't even notice that until I realised the top bracket wouldn't bolt on. So it's not a very well made pattern part.

condenser_01.jpg

I don't get how they've sold over 30 of them though unless they all had condensers from a different supplier.

Going to email them now but looking at some of their negative feedback they aren't too helpful! :( Returns policy is it must be unused and undamaged and they will deduct £2 and I have to pay return postage - not happy!

I probably could but that's alot of aggro. The top half of the condenser seems to be an inch too long. The top hose wasn't tight when I first bolted it on so it's obviously got the slack to be mounted higher.

The seller has replied and asked for some extra info and if I still need a condenser. They're going to check their stock cos they have sold over 30 and this is the first issue he's heard about them. Might be a one off manufacturing problem.

He's been quick his replies so far so hopefully he will sort this out for me, he's supposed to be checking his stock this morning to see what the other condensers are like. It's almost as if the top half of the one I have is an inch too tall.

I got the relay for the Accord and that is working fine now, icey cold :D

No I didn't mention it.

He has ordered another one from a different manufacturer this time, which he'll get on Monday to compare. He only has the same one that he sent me in stock.

I must be lucky to work around the corner from a radiator and air con condenser supplier. Took me 5 mins to buy one and at a discounted rate too. If you have problems with that supplier I'll give you their details and I'll even go and even measure it for you before they send it!

The seller just sent me a message saying he's got the new condenser from another manufacturer and the fittings on the one he sent to me are well out compared to this. He's sold 7 more since I bought it and about 37 in total but no one else has told him they're wrong. The ones he has in stock are the same as the ones he sent to me and others. so unless everyone has them still sitting in the boxes they must have bodge fitted them!!

Anyway, he is sending this new one out today and I should have it tomorrow :)

We are off for a few days from Wednesday night so I can't fit it until next week but I'll check all the measurements when I have it. He said he only has 2 left in stock so, which I'd imagine he will send back to where he got them from but I reckon whoever made them must have set the template (or whatever is done) up wrong, I can't see just 3 out of 40 condensers being made wrong?