Tyre Split!

SHAHZ

Oh bollox!!! That's £50 down the drain then, already ordered it earlier from camskill!

Never even heard of that site before, very well priced!

Sorry, I should've been quicker off the mark but I missed this thread for some reason. That website is Germany based apparently, but that doesn't concern me much when (as you say) there's £50 a tyre to be saved.

No worries fella!  had to get it ordered asap as mentioned above, was a little nervous driving it, have book marked the website as i will be needing to get some new tyres for the new rims when i get them in the next few months!

I ordered from camskill however they are coming from Germany too!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks nasty, can that even happen running over some glass?  :blink:

Maybe a large stone with a very sharp edge, that could take the weight of a car over it?

Not heard of them but they are cheap!

Even Oponeo was cheaper than camskill - http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/goodyear-eagle-u-gw3-245-40-r18-97-v-run-on-flat-xl#52298028

Oh ffs, Lool!!! Not heard of them before either :lol: oh well!

You asked where I got my winter tyres from and I gave you the link to them ;) :lol:

Dammit! Should have checked the thread, I thought it was the my tyre site you posted, which I did check and was the same price as camskill.... So went with camskill as I've used them a number of times!

Oh well.... So do the prices for winter tyres fluctuate then? Are they dropping at the other sites as we are almost out of peak winter time so to speak or are they just a lot more competitive?!

Took two tyres out on the same pothole last night - but not my car this time but my mate's MX-5.

Was near the end of a 12-Car rally and fortunately not far from my house so fitted the space saver to the front and limped to my house where I lent him two more wheels / tyres. One of the benefits of having 4.5 MX-5s and lots of spare wheels!

Went the to finish and were amazed to be placed 8th of 12 despite missing out two controls. Mind you we had been clean up to that point.

Bloody hell your having worse luck than me...... Take it easy on that tyre in the mean time if those cords are exposed.

I was just about to ask you actually, is it ok to drive? I need to go to the office tomorrow, going to try and get down to WIM on either friday or sat, might aswell get the geo done while I'm at it!

Hard call but it should be ok providing you don't go nutter bastard on it. PM me a contact number so the team can arrange a correlation of tyre and geo for you.

Tony, did you get my PM? Just thought I would check as the tyre is due to be delivered tomorrow, so would be good to get booked in with Tony B asap!

Cheers

Tony, did you get my PM? Just thought I would check as the tyre is due to be delivered tomorrow, so would be good to get booked in with Tony B asap!

Cheers

Tony B doesn't work there anymore so it'll be one of the other lads :)

Cheers

Really?! When did that happen?!!!

Cheers

Really?! When did that happen?!!!

He left at the end of January.

To explain....... Due to my ongoing health issues both Gavin and Jason could see i was struggling at the centre, plus i was absent going for test this and test that or just off sick!

We collectivity concluded i do what i do best and concentrate my abilities online from home knowing i'm a phone call away if there's any queries from the guys at the centre. Now i absolutely trust the guys at the centre to display the professional level of knowledge and workmanship expected from wim and Blackboots and to date they have done nothing other than sterling work in my absence.

However i do intend to get over my issues and do what i love to do and that's meet/ greet and be spanners on :smile_anim:

To explain....... Due to my ongoing health issues both Gavin and Jason could see i was struggling at the centre, plus i was absent going for test this and test that or just off sick!

We collectivity concluded i do what i do best and concentrate my abilities online from home knowing i'm a phone call away if there's any queries from the guys at the centre. Now i absolutely trust the guys at the centre to display the professional level of knowledge and workmanship expected from wim and Blackboots and to date they have done nothing other than sterling work in my absence.

However i do intend to get over my issues and do what i love to do and that's meet/ greet and be spanners on :smile_anim:

Tony, we're talking about Tony Barber not you :)

Doh indeed from my part too, yes i was implying Tony Barber as i unfortunately knew the Dr wouldn't be on site :(

Onwards and upwards Tony, i look forward to seeing you back in the centre soon and working on my car!! :)

Tyre was delivered today, Tony will you be getting someone to contact me or should i just call the centre to get booked in?

• 2 weeks later...