New vehicle

Tango

Been looking for a RAV4 3 door for my wife as she has wanted one for some time. As Toyota stopped importing the 3 door into the UK in 2005 I thought the chances of finding one in really good condition with low mileage was going to be somewhat of a challenge. However after a couple of years of occasional browsing of car ads I struck very lucky indeed  :thumbsup_anim:  and came across one of the last 2005 models with only 28K on the clock. Really is in almost showroom condition, inside, outside and even underneath. took a few pics having just fitted a couple of OEM side steps. Not the best quality pics as taken with my old iPhone 3g (I know the IS-F needs a wash :smile_anim: ) :-

post-62-0-67277800-1391439602_thumb.jpgpost-62-0-73472000-1391439634_thumb.jpgpost-62-0-42374200-1391439660_thumb.jpg

Looks in great condition - They must be rare, I remember the original rav4 in 3 door, but can't think whether I've ever seen that version in 3 door form!

Similar colour to the Cadoxton Slate of my IS-F and IS 250 which have Toyota paint code 1GO . I checked the paint code for the RAV and it is 1EO, a shade lighter. Also discovered the 1EO was only used on the 2005 RAVs and was discontinued in 2006 (1GO is still current), so the colour is also rare for that model.

Re-assessed the time period based on when Tony fitted the Pirelli Sotto Zero winter tyres on the 17" rims from my IS250. We sized them to it either the IS200 or a RAV4, and from memory that was almost four years ago, so that's how long I've been searching for this 4x4.

That has been quite a long search then - must be quite satisfying to find such a great example in the end, not sure I'd have the patience to keep looking  :)

We were not in any hurry as my wife was still driving the IS200 Sport and not doing a lot of miles. This one was found by an amazing turn of events or you could say just plain luck just over 3 months ago.

Still have the IS200 with my son as the driver. Sizing the winter tyres to fit the RAV didn't work out because they're on the IS200, but better he has the traction on the RWD, with the RAV coping with it's permanent 4WD. Not that we've seen much winter weather, just rain.