Goodyear ultra grip

SHAHZ

Is there a need for winters given the relatively mild weather? I've been surprised that our summer tyres still feel absolutely fine (except the Eagle F1s on the Lexus of course which are always useless at the first hint of any cold!)

How are the winters feeling in these conditions?

Yes those are winter tyres, are they the ultra grip 7 or 8? I had the 7 on the Corolla and they were excellent in the snow/ice/slush but I wasn't that confident with them in the wet.

Friggin result!!!  that saves me a good £4-600 notes!!!  better stop spinning em!! lool!!!  are the m+s a fully fledged winter tyre though?  i think i remember reading that they were not?

They are defo not the 8 as ive seen them and they specify 8 on the tyre and these dont.... infact they dont say any number/model apart from GY UG!  They are runflat as well so they must have set the last owner back a bit, not that im complaining :)

Is there a need for winters given the relatively mild weather? I've been surprised that our summer tyres still feel absolutely fine (except the Eagle F1s on the Lexus of course which are always useless at the first hint of any cold!)

Never having had them before and the IS not really having any power, apart getting stuck in the snow, i would say no!......based on my e60 thread i said it was getting twitchy and was saying i needed to get some, i dont want to think what it woould be like on summer tyres.... traction kicks in everytime i pull away quick from the lights/roundabout!!

I needed to get at least 2 new tyres for the 17s so decided to get winters in a 16 for now. I'm planning on keeping the car for a few years so they will last me. Yes it is still mild, which compared to the last 2 years makes a change. The ride is actually alot more comfortable on these although being a higher side wall you can't corner as quick!

Friggin result!!!  that saves me a good £4-600 notes!!!  better stop spinning em!! lool!!!  are the m+s a fully fledged winter tyre though?  i think i remember reading that they were not?

They are defo not the 8 as ive seen them and they specify 8 on the tyre and these dont.... infact they dont say any number/model apart from GY UG!  They are runflat as well so they must have set the last owner back a bit, not that im complaining :)

They should have 7 or 8 on them unless there is another ultra grip tyre available I'm not aware of. They are definitely winter tyres though if they have M&S on them. You should be able to tell from the sipes and blocky tread pattern as well.

Never having had them before and the IS not really having any power, apart getting stuck in the snow, i would say no!......based on my e60 thread i said it was getting twitchy and was saying i needed to get some, i dont want to think what it woould be like on summer tyres.... traction kicks in everytime i pull away quick from the lights/roundabout!!

You need to ease up on that heavy right foot! But sounds like winters might help you out in that case........

I needed to get at least 2 new tyres for the 17s so decided to get winters in a 16 for now. I'm planning on keeping the car for a few years so they will last me. Yes it is still mild, which compared to the last 2 years makes a change. The ride is actually alot more comfortable on these although being a higher side wall you can't corner as quick!

They should have 7 or 8 on them unless there is another ultra grip tyre available I'm not aware of. They are definitely winter tyres though if they have M&S on them. You should be able to tell from the sipes and blocky tread pattern as well.

They are defo not 8.... mmm cant see 7 on them, will have a closer look tomorrow in the day!  Yes they do have the blocky tred pattern and never put 2 & 2 together!  Reckpon they got a good 5-6mm on them too!

You need to ease up on that heavy right foot! But sounds like winters might help you out in that case........

Tell me about it, cant help it sometimes though!!  yeah defo helped me out, dont need to dish out for new ones :)

Put a picture up of your tyres Shaz and one of Tony's guys will be able to identify them for you.

Good point!  will take a snap tomorrow in the day light!

That's not a bad price though for RFT Winter tyres?

That's not a bad price though for RFT Winter tyres?

Not really sure tbh, I stopped looking as soon as I found out they are winters :lol:

Shahz what actual size are you looking for :huh:

As above, Tony.... I'm not anymore :). Will start keeping an eye out for some 19 or 20" rims!!

Tony did you get my pm? Need to get both cars booked in for a geo!

Yes.... I thought i replied?..... Give Tony Barber a call at the centre. He knows you well and will look after you price wise :)