Tyres and pressures for the Accord Tourer

Rich

Yep I'm sure they will but being on the east coast will help as people might not travel to get them. The only thing with steelies is I need to buy the appropriate nuts so it would probably work out the same cost if not more than alloys.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep most of them fit, it's just that some of them do have different offsets so I'm not sure how much clearance there is. I think Accord 16" wheels are ET55 but ones off a CRV could be ET35-45, from what I've found.

I can't believe how much some people want/they bid up to for wheels with winter tyres. These are on £310 so far, getting on for new prices and £395 for these - crazy!!

I couldn't believe how much the ones in the second link sold for. You can buy those tyres new for around £70 each, then say £10 fitting so approx £320 for four. With what they paid that leaves £110 left for a set of rims. Sometimes I don't think people do the maths!!  :rolleyes:

I've seen them up to a V - http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/toyo-snowprox-s953-205-55-r16-94-v-xl#43702925

In a 17" tyre it's recommended to use W but after using the checker on blackcircles they recommend V for 16" so should be ok with that.

I think the Accord can do 130mph but obviously manufacturers would suggest a higher rating than what the car can do.

Is there more to it than just the speed the tyre is capable of doing though, this is what I'm not sure of.

I was wondering if the tyres are made different for the speed ratings, so the faster it's capable of the stronger the tyre? So there could be a difference in the compound used, which in turn can make the car handle/behave differently?

With the pressures I've kept them at 31psi and they seem ok so far, might go a little more and see how it feels.

I remember you saying about the speed rating on the Corolla when I said I was having tyre issues. So a tyre with a H rating could have different compound and silica amounts compared to a V or W rating?