If I buy a new set of steels am I OK with a slightly different size width of tyre

SMARTLY

I'm thinking about maybe buying a new set of steel rims OEM and fitting with some Continental 205/55R16 91H TS850 Winter Contact tyres, the rim sizes will be the same but currently I have 215/55R16 tyres on the alloys. Am I right to assume this will be OK?

I know there used to be a link somewhere on here that told you but I could only find http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator from google, not sure if that was the one.

It's going to cost me just under £600 to get the OEM wheels delivered, the tyres ( very good reviews ) delivered and then fitted locally. Seems a good price to me, what do you guys think?

Well decision made. I've ordered the wheels ( Ford £100 +VAT each, got them for £200 for 4 incl VAT + £13.80 p&p for the 4 ), wheel nuts ( Ford are £2,89 each +VAT got them from Germany 20 for £17.55 incl. p&p genuine Ford part ).

I'll order the Continental 205/55R16 91H TS850 Winter Contact tyreson the internet on Friday to be fitted at my local Exhaust, tyre and battery place that I have used for a number of years then, hopefully, it should all come together.

Then just some locking nuts to order.

Well I'm thinking yes, I'd hate to find I've spent all that money and the new wheels and tyres go missing.

If someone wanted them they'd take them regardless. Don't forget nuts on steel wheels aren't in a recess so locking ones will be very easy to remove as you can grip the outside of them. I'd imagine most people won't even realise they're winter tyres.

Don't forget nuts on steel wheels aren't in a recess so locking ones will be very easy to remove as you can grip the outside of them.

True.

All you need now is some snow

If it can hold off for a couple of weeks ;)

Sorted, before and after pictures:

SDC10564.jpg

SDC10563.jpg

SDC10565.jpg

SDC10566.jpg

Now a question, the hub, drive shaft or whatever it's called is exposed in the centre of the wheel. What are these called so I can buy some from ebay? I've tried wheel centre covers and dust caps but most are for alloy wheels. Ideally I just want some plain black ones of the correct size.