Window Cleaner/Polish?

Vipercar93

I have always had problems with my windows having either water marks on the outside and smearing of 'window cleaner' on the inside. It really stands out in the morning when they fog up really bad. Anyone use anything that works? The water marks are easy enough I guess just by drying before the water evaporates, it's mainly the smearing I get on the inside that's a problem.

Get some IPA, that is what the bulk of glass cleaner is made with. I use it diluted 50/50 sometimes but if not then AG Fast Glass is a good cleaner. I also like the Meguiars bulk glass cleaner but a gallon is too much for me as it goes along way once diluted.

I've never been a fan of glass polish and didn't get on with the AG one, it is very dusty. I use Gtechniq G4 before I apply a glass sealant if I need to use a polish. Obviously I only use polish on the outside though.

Thanks guys! I have used the AG polish, not a fan personally. I have used their fast glass, that seems to work pretty well. Will check out IPA and see how much the 3m stuff is. Once I shift the grease off I could probably get away with just a rag like Liner said so long as I use a clean rag.

This is what you want but wait until ECP are doing a discount code that works on their cleaning products, should get 30% off that price. Considering how long that will last when diluted it's a bargain!!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-cleaning-accessories/professional-finishing-products/professional-cleaners-degreaser/?549779141&0&1&cc5_603

• 2 weeks later...

I used the Comma and it was easy application and easy off with a microfibre cloth ( instructions say paper towel ). On a 250 mile trip it started to haze a bit on the edge of the windscreen on the passenger side. So I need to give it a rub over with a paper towel and see if that fixes it.

• 2 weeks later...

jumping into the thread, i have light scratches across the whole wiper plane on the windscreen and wondered what i could do about it? Ive seen some people on youtube using jewelers rouge in a detergent solution to reduce the impact of scratches but it sounds a little tetchy to me.

anything to reduce the screen flare of the low sun would help loads, especially at night with oncoming cars it can become quite a glare!

You want this stuff but it's best to use it on a rotary with a rayon pad but it will take a long time - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140735541485?hlp=false

I have the same kind of scratches, very distracting! I have a big chip I need repaired as well so I'm gonna try and get a new screen first.