Invisible Touch Detailing - Jaguar XJ

Hi,

This Jaguar XJ was brought to Invisible Touch after having his XK detailed by us last year. Lets have a quick walk around the car after its arrival...

DSC06265.jpg

DSC06267.jpg

DSC06268.jpg

DSC06269.jpg

DSC06274.jpg

DSC06275.jpg

DSC06276.jpg

DSC06277.jpg

DSC06278.jpg

DSC06279.jpg

So, first off was to remove the alloys to allow them to be cleaned and sealed

DSC06281.jpg

As previously with the owners XK, the hubs were painted black, and calipers red. These areas were cleaned with a wire brush

DSC06282.jpg

DSC06283.jpg

The alloys were then cleaned with Bilberry, tyres with APC. The alloys were then wiped down with IPA and sealed with Poorboys

DSC06284.jpg

DSC06285.jpg

DSC06289.jpg

DSC06292.jpg

Hubs and calipers painted, starting on the front

DSC06297.jpg

DSC06302.jpg

DSC06305.jpg

Moving onto the back

DSC06313.jpg

DSC06306.jpg

DSC06309.jpg

DSC06313.jpg

DSC06318.jpg

DSC06325.jpg

The car was then taken outside to be snow foamed and washed via the 2 bucket method using shampoo plus. After this the car came back inside to be clayed and remove bonded contamination. This was minimal with only a few thousand miles and also having been recently clayed by the owner

DSC06332.jpg

After being washed again, the car came back inside

DSC06346.jpg

Where paint readings were taken

DSC06352.jpg

DSC06353.jpg

DSC06356.jpg

DSC06357.jpg

DSC06358.jpg

Inspecting the paintwork under halogen lighting

DSC06359.jpg

DSC06360.jpg

DSC06362.jpg

DSC06364.jpg

DSC06368.jpg

DSC06369.jpg

DSC06372.jpg

DSC06376.jpg

DSC06378.jpg

Starting with the passenger wing i proceeded to carry out a stage 1 paint enhancement with the Makita rotary. Using the old school Meguiars #80 and a 3M polishing pad and backing plate. Producing this

DSC06386.jpg

DSC06396.jpg

DSC06398.jpg

DSC06609.jpg

DSC06612.jpg

DSC06614.jpg

DSC06626.jpg

Once all machine polishing was complete, Lime Prime Lite glaze / pre-wax cleanser was applied

DSC06638.jpg

The paintwork was finished with Victoria Concourse Wax as the customer owns this and enjoys using it

DSC06641.jpg

Tyres were treated with Endurance Tyre Gel

DSC06643.jpg

The glass was polished using 3M Glass Cleaner, exterior plastics and door/boot seals with Bumper Care, exhausts polished with NXT, the interior was hoovered and dusted, polished or chrome areas inside had finger prints removed and polished with a microfibre, the leather was wiped down and treated with Gliptone Conditioner

DSC06697.jpg

DSC06699.jpg

Finally the front grill, wasnt looking too good

DSC06700.jpg

So was also polished. I lost count on the number of holes, but there were a few :)

DSC06701.jpg

The owners leather service book was completed and these were the final pictures

DSC06645.jpg

DSC06649.jpg

DSC06650.jpg

DSC06652.jpg

Stunning work :)

I have a question for you though Christian. You always seem to use the same products on your details, do you ever try any of the new ranges that come out like Auto Finesse etc?

Hi mate, been a mad couple of days ;)

I do tend to use a certain range, as they are tried and tested, and give me the results i desire. There are an awful lot of ranges available now (you can easily see how the public can get confused with what to use and when!) I do like to stick with Meguiars, Menzerna and 3M for polishes. Ambient temperatures and the car in question are the deciding factor.

Its also a decision, as a business not only a hobby, that i dont stock every new product that comes out. Or i would need another garage just for materials :P

What i would like to do is produce some videos. I like showing the writeups with pictures as they can provide a bit more detail, but quality videos are fantastic. Clark's recent one with the Enzo was excellent.

Hi mate, i use Hammerite. It applies and finishes better than 'caliper paint' i have tried and holds up to temperatures fine. 1 coat applied all round, then come back round and repeat. They can be painted in place using using various size brushes for the finer areas, making sure to never seal the pad and caliper together :o

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mate, been a mad couple of days :)

I do tend to use a certain range, as they are tried and tested, and give me the results i desire. There are an awful lot of ranges available now (you can easily see how the public can get confused with what to use and when!) I do like to stick with Meguiars, Menzerna and 3M for polishes. Ambient temperatures and the car in question are the deciding factor.

Its also a decision, as a business not only a hobby, that i dont stock every new product that comes out. Or i would need another garage just for materials :)

What i would like to do is produce some videos. I like showing the writeups with pictures as they can provide a bit more detail, but quality videos are fantastic. Clark's recent one with the Enzo was excellent.

Sorry mate forgot about this.

Have you tried any of the newer products on a personal level just to see if they offer anything over what you already use? Like you say there is so much to choose from it's easy to buy several products that do the same thing! I try not to get sucked into it with all the marketing but I am a sucker for special offers so have bought a few things to try out.

HD video recorders are getting pretty cheap now and you could upload them to YouTube if you have a channel and link to them in the forums. Maybe some panning shots around the cars to compliment the photos would be a nice touch :)