Visual Alignment Indicator

Tony

...However, normal Joe Public won't notice until the wheel comes off (so to speak).

Quite agree.

Judging by the number of vehicles driving about on underinflated tyres, which are easy to spot, I can't imagine any of them bothering with something as trivial as alignment!

surely it wouldnt be difficult to do this yourself to new tyres with a fixed blade set at .7mm. obvioulsy im not suggesting slashing up your tyres but a scratch mark made to the tyre in line with say the tyre valve so you can find it easily, would do the same.

could even add a central one for tyre pressure wear.... but that might be taking it a bit far :lol:

Because people are lazy

Surely not the denizens of this site Tony . . . . . . :lol:

What would work better would be the outer depth of the tyre being a different colour - say white - so that if the setup is right the white will all be gone at pretty much the same time, but a problem would be indicated by one part of the white wearing off faster than the rest.

More obvious to everyone I would have thought.

ttfn

Something very similar on my Uniroyal RainExperts. Though with the knackered bottom balljoint I didn't need a fancy indicator to tell me something was up, the total lack of tread on the inside gave it away! ;) Seems the RainSport2 has them as well.

http://www.uniroyal-tyres.co.uk/generator/...rainexpert.html

There are three indicators on both the inner and outer shoulder. Incorrect track alignment and/or camber settings are identified if the indicator grooves on both shoulders are unevenly worn. Poor wheel alignment can be identified and rectified early, thus achieving a higher mileage through avoiding uneven wear.