Nasty Hit and Run Accident

Rich

Seen on another forum. Watch the whole video it's very shocking. There's abit of bad language but you don't need the sound on, what they say is in the subtitles.

Happened in Southall as well, doesn't surprise me after what I saw the last 2 times I went!

Apparently the old man wasn't hurt too badly and the woman got off with community service.

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!

at the start of the video i thought these guys (with camera) where a bit 'jobs worthy'. but im blooming glad they followed that cow. :) :angry2: how discusting was her attitude and i cant belive she didnt stop.

well done to the guys with the camera for thinking quickly.

That is one seriously disgusting individual. Can't believe it was just community service - if she had stopped, fair enough, but having driven off like that and then denied it, they should have locked her up.

Great work from those guys, some properly decent citizens doing their bit for society. (got to agree with adam though from the beginning, the part about saving fuel and the like :) )

Apparently this video is a fake, it's a viral ad that was made...big thread on PH about it.

Need to read to the end ER. It looks as if it was confirmed as genuine, but they couldn't release any real details until the court case.

The video uploader commented on YouTube a few days ago:

"I wish it was fake it's not easy to watch somebody being hit by a car where the perpetrator leaves the scene. The video has time and date stamp and she was sentenced on June 24, I have been asked by some newspapers for interviews so expect the story to be released soon."

im currently on page 12 of 30 and so far ive seen nothing but speculation in both directions.

any evidence gathered has been "a friend of mine rang the court" so nothing solid or even mildly trustworthy, its all third party evidence. Theres lots of questions being asked and lots of conspiricy theorists trying to add 2 and 2 together to make 20..... im going to read through the whole thread to see if it brings something more into the equation but so far it appears to still be a dash cam video where 2 guys followed a woman in a red car running somone down.

page 28, after some people doing some googling of a Times reporter who posted the video with a short write up on the Times website, they (knows PH users) contacted him and this is one of the replies.

"Hi Andy,

In answer to your question it's because the Police were off-record until about 10 minutes ago, and now that the story isn't on the front of the site it's not a pressing concern to update: there's a lot of news to be covered etc.

I have spoken to the News Ed and hopefully the copy will be updated this afternoon.

The defendant (Miss/Mrs **********) was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court and given a 12 month sentence suspended for two years, 200 hours community service, ordered to pay £500 compensation and banned from driving for three years. She will also have to take an extended driving test before she is allowed back on the road.

I'm not being obtuse to frustrate, but as you can appreciate, it's a sensitive time working for an NI title so I wasn't going to publish anything before I know it's safe to.

Thanks,

Kieron"

after reading 28 pages of speculation, imagination and pure random PH s***e (as always) the few posts which lead to the above email reply seemed the only genuinely structured investigation into the validity of the video.

fortunatly today i spent quite some time updating staff computers, which involves one mouse click every 5 min or so..... tedious but that is unfortunatly how it has to be done. So in between clicks i read a few posts in the thread.... it must have actually taken more than an hour to get through it......... but only an hours worth of reading :(