Butterfly doors and a roll over

Tony

They had to release the doors first by pushing the red button, so presumably if they are the self locking type the occupants would have to push the release button in the car before somebody could open the door from the outside.

They had to release the doors first by pushing the red button, so presumably if they are the self locking type the occupants would have to push the release button in the car before somebody could open the door from the outside.

Sounded like some kind of explosive release mechanism to me. Bit embarrassing if you can inadvertently release the doors way in normal driving.

i doubt that is likely, air bags dont often go off by them selves (havent personally read or heard of any but one must have at some point)

if the same principles of car safty are in place then it would all be automated, much like the air bag. Im sure the use of the red button was simply so they could control when the bolts blew

Gullwing doors......

i remember seeing pictures of a mclaren f1 on its roof in a mclaren centre (in the photos, i wasnt in the centre) it looked as though the doors would open sufficiently to get out of the car and considering its crash protection it would be unlikely you would have suffered any severe injuries from the crash..... pop bolts could also be use of course