Eibach Spring Set

Tango

Tony,

Well we did something right, but I don't know whether it was the geometry changes or the stiffer springs. The car feels a lot more stable and 'planted' whereas before it felt skittish both on the motorway at speed and also when pushing it on the fun A roads we have in Gloucestershire (with due regard to the occasional tractor :)).

Job well done I reckon..bit surprised it showed the drop almost immediately after the remarks from the IS200 mob on the time it takes to settle :)

Will post some piccies on the LOC site when it stop pixxing down, or probably wait until the other wheels are on :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for today, this was the first time i have worked on the IS250 so a valuable addition to my own knowledge, even more so since no procedures were available for this new car... Team work prevailed :)

I agree with you on the immediate change in appearance, i think we were both surprised and delighted by the new look, a welcome reward for us both.... As for the handling?... This time it's totally due to the suspension not the Geometry.

wim says: The IS250 up close and personal is a babe. the build quality and technical package is outstanding... Beautiful car.

what was the verdict on the adjustability of the geometry settings ?

:)

Ummm..toe and um..toe :) May need to make up a camber adjuster set for the front??

As for the handling?... This time it's totally due to the suspension not the Geometry.

You don't reckon that excessive toe-in on the rear was doing anything to unsettle the suspension then? :)

Not good. Only front and rear toe is available for adjustment. Since no data is available for the cars actual Geometry positions i measured this first to get an image then lowered the car then did the Geo corrections.

The before/after lowering results i still need to analyze but i do have some concerns... these are.

1: After the drop the Castor was reduced by about 1 degree.

2: The front Camber was moved an additional -55'

The rear end results showed no real concern to me but the front has some issues, and this is why.

1: If additional adjusters are fitted to recover the Camber then this will displace the Toe.

2: The Toe correction pivots the Castor (IS200/300 forward)

3: The steering arm on the IS200/300 is behind the wheel so adjusting the Camber/Toe displacement compliments the Castor into UK spec.... Whereas the IS250 has the steering arm in front of the wheel... seemingly correction will reduce the Castor position further.

In summery i need to Analise the pivotal points and maths the Dynamic corrections. Tango has asses to engineers able to construct various modifications so maybe some wim team work is all that is required.

Personally if i had the privilege to own this car i would also lower it regardless of the consequences, it just looks so much better!

Not good. Only front and rear toe is available for adjustment. Since no data is available for the cars actual Geometry positions i measured this first to get an image then lowered the car then did the Geo corrections.

The before/after lowering results i still need to analyze but i do have some concerns... these are.

1: After the drop the Castor was reduced by about 1 degree.

2: The front Camber was moved an additional -55'

The rear end results showed no real concern to me but the front has some issues, and this is why.

1: If additional adjusters are fitted to recover the Camber then this will displace the Toe.

2: The Toe correction pivots the Castor (IS200/300 forward)

3: The steering arm on the IS200/300 is behind the wheel so adjusting the Camber/Toe displacement compliments the Castor into UK spec.... Whereas the IS250 has the steering arm in front of the wheel... seemingly correction will reduce the Castor position further.

In summery i need to Analise the pivotal points and maths the Dynamic corrections. Tango has asses to engineers able to construct various modifications so maybe some wim team work is all that is required.

Personally if i had the privilege to own this car i would also lower it regardless of the consequences, it just looks so much better!

pics .....we need pics :)

We certainly do.... :)

Well..the good news is that my new wheels (19" Volks SF-Winning) have arrived from Japan and are being delivered sometime soon via courier. The bad news is that as they arrive in country, I'm leaving it again Monday.

However, if it stops bloody raining I'll take some pics with the standard wheels over the week-end. :)

OK..am I dumb or what? How do you add attachments??? :huh:

Not at all... due to the hacker problems you need to link from an external source like photo-bucket.. then copy the link and past that here.... i am sure someone will explain this better than me but that is the method until we can protect this site from the hackers <_<

OK..am I dumb or what? How do you add attachments??? :huh:

Not at all... due to the hacker problems you need to link from an external source like photo-bucket.. then copy the link and past that here.... i am sure someone will explain this better than me but that is the method until we can protect this site from the hackers <_<

Tony ..before and after. I'm a little worried about the amount it's settled :) Do you think it's OK? Who was the guy you said was going to carry the can if something went wrong :)

dsc00001cg6.jpg

droppy9.jpg

Mate where's the bloody tyres gone :huh: .... Wow she has settled so fast, i don't know what to say since you are the only example with the IS250 in the UK with this arrangement. She looks fantastic but i hope the settling is done or we will have real concerns <_<

Is there any tyre rub lock-on-lock?

Mate where's the bloody tyres gone :huh: .... Wow she has settled so fast, i don't know what to say since you are the only example with the IS250 in the UK with this arrangement. She looks fantastic but i hope the settling is done or we will have real concerns :)

Is there any tyre rub lock-on-lock?

There's a sort of flicking noise when I stray over the cats eyes in the centre of the road and I can't get near my house now due to the speed bumps on the approach road :)

...and I don't think your geometry kit is going to fit anymore <_<

..and the turning radius without shredding the tyres is on a par with a fully loaded oil tanker.

O.K it does look a tad low, you may need coilovers so you can adjust the height rather than have a static height.

Could you take a pic side on for us all to see just how low it is to the ground. :huh:

Well it's stopped raining now so I may be able to take a few proper photo's :)

If it really was a before and after I'd be in a lot of trouble...the giveaway is the light relections on the body work and windows :) ...they haven't moved <_<

Well kick my cat i was really worried from those first pictures you posted.... and i still am a little... Can you post or pm me the actual part number for the springs... I just want to confirm things and this costs you nothing other than peace of mind.

Well kick my cat i was really worried from those first pictures you posted.... and i still am a little... Can you post or pm me the actual part number for the springs... I just want to confirm things and this costs you nothing other than peace of mind.

The number on the box is 8288.140 which is the Eibach part number I ordered against. The set fits the IS250 RWD and also the IS250 AWD. The drop should be 1.4" Front & 1.0" Rear.

The other IS second generation Pro-Kit available is for the IS350 and the part number is 8287.140. As the 350 is already lower than the standard 250 on the OEM springs the Eibach drop on this part number is 1.0" Front & 0.8" Rear.

Dunno about the IS250 Sport, but at a guess I'd say it would take the 8287.140 set. <_<

The number on the box is 8288.140 which is the Eibach part number I ordered against. The set fits the IS250 RWD and also the IS250 AWD. The drop should be 1.4" Front & 1.0" Rear.

The other IS second generation Pro-Kit available is for the IS350 and the part number is 8287.140. As the 350 is already lower than the standard 250 on the OEM springs the Eibach drop on this part number is 1.0" Front & 0.8" Rear.

Dunno about the IS250 Sport, but at a guess I'd say it would take the 8287.140 set. <_<

This information has been forwarded and will be validated to ensure we have a real marriage between the components.... The actual validation is out of my hands but i will report back asap!

Dunno about the IS250 Sport, but at a guess I'd say it would take the 8287.140 set. :unsure:

This information has been forwarded and will be validated to ensure we have a real marriage between the components.... The actual validation is out of my hands but i will report back asap!

Concerned:- This is the reply back....

"The springs he has supplied are designed for the US model only. They are not designed for the EU models so I recommend that he replaces them for the correct springs as a matter of urgency."

I cannot answer why there is a difference in the US/ EU other than the coil rates in the US are normally softer than the EU... this is maybe why the car immediately displayed a significant drop? The correct coils are available here in the UK at £173 + vat.

The part number for the European spring set is different, but I don't know why as I believe the suspension set up isn't any different. I have Eibach in Germany working on it so should know why by COB tomorrow. Can I ask why you were concerned? Did they not fit correctly? The car drives fine, and if the coil rates in the US are softer than the EU so what?