Why wim choose GAZ suspension

Tony

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How easy is the ride height to adjust with coilovers? I ask as I've been running my MX5 with WIM coils and Billies for a month now and the wheel centre to wheel arch is sitting around 330 340 mm from an original 360 mm. Looking at the photo the Mx5 looks as if is riding quite high with the coil overs and as have got a trip coming up to the highlands when a bit more room under the car maybe desirable. BTW I've no issues with the current clearance so far and of course she handles very well.

Thanks Tony , so with coilovers if I moved it back towards the original ride height for a trip where I'm worried about clearance would the geometry not be out and also do you have to adjust the bump rebound for different ride heights.

A change in height +- 10mm will not dramatically change the geometry, any more than that it will need to be measured again. The bump/ rebound settings is not effected by the change in height since the coil rate remains the same.

Sean i have a present for you here at the centre :lol:

Great news Tony, I will give you a call tomorrow and arrange a date to book in a visit!

Let me know when Sean, if I can, I'll pop over at the same time to watch!

h

Booked on for next weds @ 11am.

hope to take some photos during install as I'd like to do a right up for couple of mx5 forums

And then give feed back over a period of time.

i know lazza is interested.

I have completed the photo write up now and viewable here. :rolleyes: