Why wim choose GAZ suspension

Tony

Scenario

Mazda MX5 mk2 NB

Relatively unmodified other than 16" wheels with an extreme off-set.

GAZ Gold Pros was this customers request running 350lb coil rates front, 250lb coil rates rear.

Fitting

No real fitting issues were experienced other than the rear wheels positive off-set. At what i would consider the correct ride height and rear camber positions the tyres will hit the artches.

Solution

Wheel off-set is an issue so Archenemy> http://www.archenemy.co.uk/beta/?p=155 was called to roll the rear arches. Nevertheless we still had a rear "body rake" issue and tucked camber positions.

In an attempt to resolve this the coil platforms were raised, this did nothing more than run-out of damper shaft droop and begin to preload the coils.

It was pants

It's appears we have a bespoke situation so i called Derek Garner "field engineer from GAZ" and wanted a solution.

The solution

Derek made the thre hour journey through the fog and accidents on the M25 and agreed a bespoke set of rear coil overs is required for this car.

In summary

Find another suspension manufacturer prepared to travel three hours in the fog and M25 trauma only to agree "for this car" it don't go....

In summary, summary

Bespoke production, fitting, geo re-calibration cost to the customer....... £0

And that's why i use GAZ :rolleyes:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Out of interest Tony, how often do they need rebuilding?

In truth i don't know..... I've been involved with GAZ for two years now and so far no units we have sold has needed service, some owners with the GAZ Gold have used us as a service agent on units five years old.

• 2 weeks later...
Roofless,

Derek is at Brands so you can ask him then!

h

Ok, cos my rears are knocking again.

Been replaced once and also rebuilt once.

Maybe GAZ needs to give you an upgrade :)

Wouldn't expect to be 'given' an upgrade but maybe a healthy contribution towards replacing! :)

I can poke him in the eye for you.....

Roofless,

h

Maybe GAZ needs to give you an upgrade :rolleyes:

Wouldn't expect to be 'given' an upgrade but maybe a healthy contribution towards replacing! :lol:

:D

Probably best to give him a poke in the ribs!

Thanks Tony.

Roofless,

h

Maybe GAZ needs to give you an upgrade :lol:

Wouldn't expect to be 'given' an upgrade but maybe a healthy contribution towards replacing! :D

:lol:

Thanks Tony.

I have arguments, good ones at the moment with GAZ, Derek is pulling to many stops in too many areas to be beneficial, hence our arguments..... I'm going to leave him alone to enjoy the end of season, after that it's knickers down time :rolleyes:

Roofless,

h

Maybe GAZ needs to give you an upgrade :whistle:

Wouldn't expect to be 'given' an upgrade but maybe a healthy contribution towards replacing! :lol:

:lol:

Thanks Tony.

I have arguments, good ones at the moment with GAZ, Derek is pulling to many stops in too many areas to be beneficial, hence our arguments..... I'm going to leave him alone to enjoy the end of season, after that it's knickers down time ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In that case, I'll have a free set then! ;)

On a serious note, they have been knocking for 6+ months again so new year is fine.

I've had words with Derek about the years performance and started building ideas for next year so that we can continue to grow, so i'm sure this issue can be dealt with promptly in the new year..... One thing though, you will need to remind me cos my memory with everything that's going on is pants.