Why wim choose GAZ suspension

Tony

I've had words with Derek about the years performance and started building ideas for next year so that we can continue to grow, so i'm sure this issue can be dealt with promptly in the new year..... One thing though, you will need to remind me cos my memory with everything that's going on is pants.

No worries Tony. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had words with Derek about the years performance and started building ideas for next year so that we can continue to grow, so i'm sure this issue can be dealt with promptly in the new year..... One thing though, you will need to remind me cos my memory with everything that's going on is pants.

Gentle reminder Tony :)

lol!!

I feel they took on to many projects last year and i got involved with a few of them. In the interim period GAZ has grown exponentially knocking the developments back. In truth i've had a falling out with GAZ over this since the meets we hold costs around 2k each, so if the promised suspension is a no show we all lose out.

So does that mean any developments for the mx5 mk3’s springs and dampers is affected? :(

wim lowering springs are selling well and the NC coilovers are done and also selling well, in fact the NC race series have to use the GAZ suspension.

I am still finding that I get a bit more body roll than I would like when cornering also I feel that the backend seems to get a bit bogged down when powering out, I didn’t want to go down the adjustable route because it would get set at firm then that how it would stay and I am thinking it may not be as cost effective as just changing the dampers.

I have had a bit of feedback from Derek from Gaz saying that he would work with me on finding the optimum rates for fast road and that you would like to be involved in formulating a package.

I just thought that this would mean that I kept Wim springs and addressed the issue of dampers.

Any thoughts ?

:blush:

Penny dropping.........

Derek has gone past our initial portfolio by introducing you to our future developments. The introduction of your car to our developments should have been at the latter stages of field testing. Derek was wrong to involve you at this infant stage, plus he was wrong not to inform me of the conversation.

Yes we are intending to expand products in the damper, coil, coilover arena for the NC, both domestically and on track but this is early doors at the moment.

Hi Tony can I ask

Is there any yearly maintenance on them?

Can the ride height be set lower than Wim springs?

Does the Geo need to be set again after installation?

How much for all 4 corners?

Also is there much of weight increase compared to stock dampers and Wim springs?

Hi Tony can I ask

Is there any yearly maintenance on them?

Can the ride height be set lower than Wim springs?

Does the Geo need to be set again after installation?

How much for all 4 corners?

Also is there much of weight increase compared to stock dampers and Wim springs?

Maintenance free with out of warranty service costs of £35+ vat per unit.

Ride height has a +- 80mm range from ( correct ) design height.

Geo will need to be set

Minimal change to the OEM weight with the combination coils and oils.