mk3 mondeo uneven tyre wear

i bought a mk 3 mondeo tdci (05 reg) about a month ago. have done approc 2800miles since i bought the car.

it drives ok, but there is some vibration felt through the steering wheel between 70-75mph this disappears at 75, i put this down to incorect balancing,

the car is hpi clear and doesnt appear to ahve any accident damage, however there is some kerbing to the front alloys.

problem is that both front tyres have uneven tyre wear.

the edge of the tyres are worn more than the centre. the very outside edge edge is more worn. both front tyres are like this. any ideas?

Hello

The vibration reads like balance so that should be an easy fix. Regarding the tyre wear, it's a hard call because you don't know the history, so it's wise to have the geometry measured to know where you stand.

Yeah a report will give you a good idea of what's going ona, are you far from WIM? If you are you have a choice of garages who are part of the WIM national network, which you can use. Click the big banner at the top of the forum for the link and welcome to WIM :D

Yeah a report will give you a good idea of what's going ona, are you far from WIM? If you are you have a choice of garages who are part of the WIM national network, which you can use. Click the big banner at the top of the forum for the link and welcome to WIM :D

hi, called a local company that uses the hunter equipment, told me it was £40 to do a check, typically to adjust they would charge another 40-60.

he said they wouldnt be able to modify the alignment of the subframe at the front ie cant move it . what else apart from the track rod ends can they adjust?

do you know of anyone around the east midlands, derby area that you can recommend. the car only passed the mot 3 weeks ago, and there are no knocking noises when going over speed bumps so i assume all of the bushes are ok. i also jacked up the car and there is no play in the track rods or bottom joints and all of the rubber bushes look ok and it drives fine, no pulling to any side, no tramlining and brakes in a straight line.

Factory adjusters only account for front and rear toe. There's almost nothing avaliable for mk3 mondeo in the way of alignment (I know, I've looked) though we've had some luck with EZ adjustable cam bolts for the rear. Regardless, a geo image will speak volumes. For the record it's most likely excessive toe-in, but that's just an opinion. :D

Pete, the camber kit fits the MK3 if this is the problem, which I'm suspecting it isn't.

westie - the map of garages WIM uses can be found here - here but there aren't many up north yet.

hi, i would ask the guy in derby to do a check, but if bushes etc are knackered then i have wasted my £40, so i am going to take it to a garage and they will check if all of the bushes etc are ok, then take it for a check, will post results when i have them.

thanks

Yeah a report will give you a good idea of what's going ona, are you far from WIM? If you are you have a choice of garages who are part of the WIM national network, which you can use. Click the big banner at the top of the forum for the link and welcome to WIM :)

Sorry I must be being a bit thick, but where is this list of WIM national network centres please?

Yeah a report will give you a good idea of what's going ona, are you far from WIM? If you are you have a choice of garages who are part of the WIM national network, which you can use. Click the big banner at the top of the forum for the link and welcome to WIM :)

Sorry I must be being a bit thick, but where is this list of WIM national network centres please?

Look here> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/tyre-fitting-centres.php

We have just excepted another national chain of 50 centres operating the midlands> north. I'm in the final stages of approval but if things pan out correctly they should be on the map soon. Reads lovely but the other 300 applications to the network where declined on my behalf.