Project Lotus Detailing.....

Tony

Thanks to the advice from ER and Christian i feel ready to go the whole hog and detail the Esprit, last night while it was cool and the footy was on ;) i cleaned the interior glass and trust me on the Esprit there's a lot of glass.

The weather today looks fine for detailing, not to hot and no rain.... obviously. Pics to follow :rolleyes:

Took all day, wash, dry and then Claybar. The claybar felt, well it felt like a wast of time? I was expecting a "dragging" feel from the paint, as far as i was concerned the claybar glided reasonably free.............. How wrong was i!! I noticed some dirt in the water and a little dirt in the claybar it's self but nothing alarming, as i continued to clay and wipe i realized the glass finish panel after panel, now this is getting interesting......

Less talk, more look.....

The ingredients

post-2-1276457335.jpg

The results

post-2-1276457393.jpg

post-2-1276457405.jpg

post-2-1276457423.jpg

post-2-1276457445.jpg

post-2-1276457463.jpg

post-2-1276457477.jpg

post-2-1276457494.jpg

post-2-1276457508.jpg

post-2-1276457527.jpg

post-2-1276457544.jpg

Best image of all is the entire car

post-2-1276457661.jpg

Hows this for a result, a motorist stopped, came up to me and asked if the car was for sale :huh: I gave a figure of 20k and he's interested :o

Took all day, wash, dry and then Claybar. The claybar felt, well it felt like a wast of time? I was expecting a "dragging" feel from the paint, as far as i was concerned the claybar glided reasonably free.............. How wrong was i!! I noticed some dirt in the water and a little dirt in the claybar it's self but nothing alarming, as i continued to clay and wipe i realized the glass finish panel after panel, now this is getting interesting......

Hows this for a result, a motorist stopped, came up to me and asked if the car was for sale :huh: I gave a figure of 20k and he's interested :o

Most of the dirt will be from tar, which is why it's always best to remove as much of this as possible with a dedicated cleaner first. Like I said the finished will be smooth as glass, alot of the contaminates you can't even see but you can feel the difference. Did you apply protection afterwards?

Another thing is I wouldn't put the bottles on the paint but rather the towel as this can cause scratches to the paint but it all depends on how anal you want to be about it!

You selling the motor for 20K then? :o