Wheel vibration

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Tony and the excellent guys you have there. I first met the guys at Black boots last saturday when i visited to get a wheel wobble sorted out unfortunately it wasnt fixed but following an email requesting help Tony got me rebooked for a visit today. the guys spent alot of time rebancing my wheels. they found tha a small pin i my passenger side front was causing the balance to be out.

I cant remember the guys name that dealt with my wheels today but he is an asset to your company.

To report back the problem is 80% cured and im going to order a new tyre so i can bring it back to be balanced. Unlucky for me my current tyre is only 4 weks old.

Once again thanks again.

Tyre needs replacing whatever..... Point about the wheel is when measured using the centre hole we had one measurement figure and then measuring using the stud holes we had another set of figures. The correct way was the stud hole measurement, hence the reason the vibration feels better, so in conclusion the centre hole cannot be central which is not uncommon but it is uncommon for the BMW wheel.

Point about the wheel is when measured using the centre hole we had one measurement figure and then measuring using the stud holes we had another set of figures. The correct way was the stud hole measurement, hence the reason the vibration feels better, so in conclusion the centre hole cannot be central which is not uncommon but it is uncommon for the BMW wheel.

Interesting that...am I right in thinking the majority use the centre hole when balancing wheels?

Point about the wheel is when measured using the centre hole we had one measurement figure and then measuring using the stud holes we had another set of figures. The correct way was the stud hole measurement, hence the reason the vibration feels better, so in conclusion the centre hole cannot be central which is not uncommon but it is uncommon for the BMW wheel.

Interesting that...am I right in thinking the majority use the centre hole when balancing wheels?

99.99% use the centre hole for the dye but as said the centre is "cosmetically central" hence the national complaints about wheel balance.

Is it the case that most people are driving around with cars that are out of balance and dont know what it is to drive a properly balanced car.

or is it that the some of us just take driving too seriously.

Im just glad ive managed to find a company that actually takes the time to diagnose and repair rather than whack on whack off and see how you get on.

Most tyre centre are unaware the centre hole is "cosmetically central". The method we use costs around 2k so many are unwilling to invest when most times they don't have a problem. Most of the customers we deal with have searched the net for a solution and find us. It's ironic the French recognized this years ago and built wheels with solid centres, this means the wheels have to be balanced on a studded plate.

planning on buying a new tyre next week shall i bring it to you fitted or not fitted. Any ideas where i might get a good deal best price so far is £246.00 the tyre size is 275/40R20 W

Haven't you got a quote from Tony for a tyre?