Has anyone hit the curb recently?

Today I was being a c**k and deserved what I got!!

About 10mph on a slight curve, I quickly put full lock on and gunned the throttle in 2nd gear and lit up both front wheels. Lifted off as I normal do and unwinded the steering expecting to cure the understeer, except it didn't - infact it did sod all, and straight into the curb I went! Which is strange really, because today was far from the coldest day we've had and I've done exactly the same on the same bend countless times.

I did try and put on as much lock as possible at the last minute, hoping to engage the ESP, and it worked - sort of, the nose of the car was pointing where I wanted to but it slid sideways and bounced off. I thought I may have gotten away with it as the tyres have massive rim protectors on, but unfortunately not!! Car seems to drive as before, and the wheel is straight, so hopefully its just a case of refurbing the wheel. Theres another £60 down the swanny!!

Oh well, could be worse. Pictures included for your amusement :D

35161618.jpg

87128762.jpg

P.S. Before the hate rolls in, this is my first accident and I've been driving for over 4 years :)

P.S. Potenza's are crap in winter, compared to F1's and Toyos!!

Learning curve methinks :smile_anim: still it's nothing that can't be repaired.

Just a case of having a retarded moment, you wouldnt think I'm Rospa gold would you? LOL

I must have jinxed myself, as eariler that day I said to my friend "My car has not needed anything but maintenance in the past 7 months". :D

Edit: Steering aint quite straight, do you think I've bent something or just a case of the car needing alignment? No bangs or clunks full lock to full lock.

Learning curve methinks :smile_anim: still it's nothing that can't be repaired.

Just a case of having a retarded moment, you wouldnt think I'm Rospa gold would you? LOL

I must have jinxed myself, as eariler that day I said to my friend "My car has not needed anything but maintenance in the past 7 months". :D

Edit: Steering aint quite straight, do you think I've bent something or just a case of the car needing alignment? No bangs or clunks full lock to full lock.

If the steering position has changed then it's a fair bet the toe angle is displaced, it would be wise to have a least that tested.

I did today tony, see the results below.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9894/alignment.jpg

The front offside which hit the wheel was way off, iirc the machine simply had "x" where the arrow normally is, I believe the toe -46 before he made any adjustments.

It would also appear the rear has been knocked out despite only having the alignment done 3,000 miles ago, but that could be wear and tear and the calibration of the machine.