CIH's Bluey T72

CIH

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It spat out a spark plug. In the middle of heavy traffic and the rain on probably Manchester's busiest dual carriageway.

Seems whoever changed the plugs didn't do them down tight enough.......Lucky really, the plug could have damaged the threads as it buggered off out of the port. As it was it just damaged slightly the last couple.

I had meant to QC them as I didn't have a torque wrench when they were changed but I had forgotten.

Couldn't get any purchase on the plug with just my hand plus the first couple of threads needed cleaning to get the plug "going". Probably would have made it on 3 cylinders but it would have been a PITA.

I'll have to get a cheap service-set to keep in the boot.

• 1 month later...

Spent a lovely day in the snow pulling out the seats, carpet and saoked sound deadening. S/d went in the bin, carpet, rear seat base and spare wheel well cover all in the house to try and dry out. Spare wheel was frozen solid in place but the ice was hammered out and the well drained. Don't know where it's all coming from....

So the bluey is running a semi-stripped interior lol. TBH it's irratiting me so it's going to the scrappy if it plays up anymore. Oh did I mention MOT due 6th Jan ?

TBH it's irratiting me so it's going to the scrappy if it plays up anymore. Oh did I mention MOT due 6th Jan ?

Starting to sound like Jammy there, first sign of trouble and it's off to the big scrap yard in the sky! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bluey passed the test with a new CV Boot and some minor welding. It's been remarkably dry inside recently and I resealed a tailight cluster I replaced a couple of months ago so I'll chuck the interior back in soon (and my CD Changer!).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey who wants to see a Bluey with no interior ?

001.jpg

No! Neither did I! but here's how mine has been over the festive period after a small persistant puddle in the passenger footwell turned out to be a flooded floorpan :D

002.jpg

Reunited after a winter apart, the bluey meets it's interior. Passenger seat has been in the mot room at work, the rest has been in the conservatory at home. Factory sound-deadening was binned as it was ruined so I'm using builder's flashing insulation tape instead.

003.jpg

First to go back in is the rear seat bench.

004.jpg

Centre Console back in

005.jpg

Passenger seat.

006.jpg

Driver's seat and floor mats back in.

007.jpg

And finally the rear. It's like a Mercedes Maybach.

Note carefully placed Jap performance magazines! Speaking of which, I noticed the WIM/BB ad in Banzai - I think that's new this month ?

No I forgot! :D but here's a website piccy;

p3083351_l.jpg

Wasn't such a PITA. Putting it in was much nicer than taking it out. I'd like to do the same with Silvia and go all circuit slag, though probably with some thin black carpeting instead of bare metal.

I ran out of flashing tape so I could only do the rear footwells and I can't be bothered throwing more money at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bluey's going soon as it's expensive to have for what it is. Ofcourse, I knew that when I got it but I'll be needing the readies. I still fancy having a daily and a Sunny B11 Coupe like this is top of the list-o'-want at the moment;

3823804955_1be458134e.jpg

Low, on some retro JDM alloys and a juvenile noisey exhaust = AWESOME.

• 2 months later...