how good are thay then

jammy

i know the fronts are camber adjustable but do i need specific bolts to alter this or are the oem 1s suficiant as the mountin point holes are offset?? and can i get the rear adjustable atall.....coilovers are goin on in few months :)

Can the rears be shimed? Im guessin when i get the coilovers it will be slung about 100 mm maybe bit more :) my mk2 gti was on 120mm extreame drop lol..modified anti-roll bars too :D....

Can the rears be shimed? Im guessin when i get the coilovers it will be slung about 100 mm maybe bit more :lol: my mk2 gti was on 120mm extreame drop lol..modified anti-roll bars too :lol:....

The rear camber/ toe won't change very much because the drop is more or less vertical.

Can the rears be shimed? Im guessin when i get the coilovers it will be slung about 100 mm maybe bit more :lol: my mk2 gti was on 120mm extreame drop lol..modified anti-roll bars too :lol:....

The rear camber/ toe won't change very much because the drop is more or less vertical.

Does that apply to all fixed rears, i.e. the 306?

Yeah, pretty much.

Yeah, pretty much.

So this is a good thing then in terms of tyre wear? What about handling, would making it adjustable be better?

Definitely... The "live" axle is detrimental once the car is lowered because the deeper front camber positions puts the chassis in a whole world of oversteer, plus if you think about it a live axle is very wooden by modern standards.

Definitely... The "live" axle is detrimental once the car is lowered because the deeper front camber positions puts the chassis in a whole world of oversteer, plus if you think about it a live axle is very wooden by modern standards.

Mmmm, oversteer! So in your opinion should cars with this type of suspension be lowered?

Mmmm, oversteer! So in your opinion should cars with this type of suspension be lowered?

Argumentative topic really.... Some would say the additional front camber would belay FWD oversteer traits, others would say the chassis is neutral, i feel the roll centres makes the chassis oversteer so no i'm not happy when this type of configuration is lowered.

but healthy Pugs handle so well from stock :(

Wouldn't be so hard to recover the OEM front camber, on the golf at least, would it ?

That is true, the 306 handles very well for stock suspension. I would like to reduce the body roll though but maybe wider tyres would help it stick to the road more when cornering?

So where's these photos Jae? :D