Thinking of a new "used" car...

Well ive decided to finally get round to doing the "respray" of my current car (Lexus IS200 sport) :lol: ;) (Wont be for a couple of weeks) as im moving also..... :D and then she will be up for sale.!!! .............................. :) :)

Now...............when she goes ive been looking to get a used Honda accord type-R..dont know why but ive always had a fondness for them and well she sounds great when you scream the nuts off her.and you can get a decent one in good condition at a very good price ( between £3K---and ----£5500 dependent on age miles etc........The reason i have posted this up is

A. just wanted general opinions

B.to ask Tony B about the chassis set up in regards to standard ( how is the suspension geo and general setup ) and also perhaps looking to do the odd track day (he says and he hasnt even brought one yet) and also upgrade the suspension arms,links,dampers,springs etc....

So if anyone has one or just have a general opinions or know what to look out for ..faults etc...... please feel free to post up..... :D

To Tony...Could you give me some prices for some tyres......Dunlop sport maxx (japan) and Falken 452..... :lol:

Glad you asked this question as this is one of the cars I was thinking of getting when the time comes :D

Are you getting the lexus done on the insurance?

Good luck with the move (again!) as well mate :)

Glad you asked this question as this is one of the cars I was thinking of getting when the time comes :D

Are you getting the lexus done on the insurance?

Good luck with the move (again!) as well mate :)

Hiya Rich...yes matey getting it done on the insurance..im with directline...they have a vandalism cover on there fully comp insurance...just need to get a crime reference number and SO THEY SAY (he says with baited breath) it doesnt affect your "No claims bonus"......we will see... :)

And yep moving again...this time to london road Apsley....getting away from the misses... :lol: :D

Roll on next weekend....

Sorry to read about the misses.... nice to have you back in the no vandal zone though.

The R has a good chassis but not very adjustable, there's kits out there but they cost..... on that note what size tyres are they?

Sorry to read about the misses.... nice to have you back in the no vandal zone though.

The R has a good chassis but not very adjustable, there's kits out there but they cost..... on that note what size tyres are they?

Hi Tony...the tyres arent for the Honda they are for my Lexus 225/40/18

So i would really need to spend about £1--1.5 K to get the Honda Type-R fully adjustable then..? They are meant to be very very good on the road with the OEM setup and have plenty of grip.....just looking for your opinion as.....well she will be setup by WIM..... :D

As for the misses...it was on the cards and well..move on lifes to short and plenty more fish.... :D :lol: :)

Cheers matey "yep HOPEFULLY vandal zone free"..... :) :lol: :D

I fitted a front camber adjuster to one yesterday,the part was shipped from the states and cost £160 plus the fitting plus the Geo.... You still fancy going on track days :o

How much............................... :o :wacko: Ok may keep it to the black stuff with with white lines in the middle and holes in it.... :lol: :smile_anim:

Good motor the type R matey, but why not go for the skyline :wacko:

Aztecbandit i would love to have a Skyline really,really love "em"............but................for some reason the insurance says "NO"....the Accord type-R is no more a year more for me to insure than my lexus...............go figure.??????? :smile_anim: :lol:

Good motor the type R matey, but why not go for the skyline :whistle:

Aztecbandit i would love to have a Skyline really,really love "em"............but................for some reason the insurance says "NO"....the Accord type-R is no more a year more for me to insure than my lexus...............go figure.??????? :rolleyes: :nowink:

Thats quite suprising on the insurance front mate, i've just insured mine again and its cost me £463 fully comp which is about £46 more than my is200 s/c cost so quite happy with that :lol: Never thought Marks & Spencer would have insured me with a skyline, but they have including the basic mods i have fitted :P

Aztecbandit i would love to have a Skyline really,really love "em"............but................for some reason the insurance says "NO"....the Accord type-R is no more a year more for me to insure than my lexus...............go figure.??????? :rolleyes: :nowink:

Thats quite suprising on the insurance front mate, i've just insured mine again and its cost me £463 fully comp which is about £46 more than my is200 s/c cost so quite happy with that :P Never thought Marks & Spencer would have insured me with a skyline, but they have including the basic mods i have fitted :D

Its not that they wont insure me on one..but that the insurance is way to high...the extra to insure the Accord Type-R is only an extra £90 a year....compared to my Lexus IS200....

Did you get free M&S vouchers..ive heard the foods quite nice...... :lol: :P

Thats quite suprising on the insurance front mate, i've just insured mine again and its cost me £463 fully comp which is about £46 more than my is200 s/c cost so quite happy with that :D Never thought Marks & Spencer would have insured me with a skyline, but they have including the basic mods i have fitted :D

Its not that they wont insure me on one..but that the insurance is way to high...the extra to insure the Accord Type-R is only an extra £90 a year....compared to my Lexus IS200....

Did you get free M&S vouchers..ive heard the foods quite nice...... :lol: :D

Yeh i shop at M+S anyway so the £50 voucher will come in handy :P its a shame they dont have there own petrol station as i'd fill it up again :P

Hiya Rich...yes matey getting it done on the insurance..im with directline...they have a vandalism cover on there fully comp insurance...just need to get a crime reference number and SO THEY SAY (he says with baited breath) it doesnt affect your "No claims bonus"......we will see... :whistle:

And yep moving again...this time to london road Apsley....getting away from the misses... :nowink: :rolleyes:

Roll on next weekend....

Fingers crossed you keep the NCB's then :lol:

I like Apsley, a few motor shops down London Road and Halfrauds...you and Tony will nearly be neighbours then!

The R has a good chassis but not very adjustable, there's kits out there but they cost.....

That's a shame, what sort of money are you looking at to make the chassis adjustable and can you get castor adjusters?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same shape Honda Accord (I had a 1.8 Executive Sport). Excellent car, very reliable,

had some 160,000+ miles on it when I traded it in. I always wanted the Type-R but it was way too

expensive in 2000 when I bought mine. I think Maneesh still drives one and is very happy with it.

(I will ask next time I speak to him).

Bit of a screamer, but can bimble round town silently too. Good luck with finding a good 'un Daz :smile_anim: