EBC Greenstuff Pads

I always thought Greenstuff were pretty good but I've heard alot of nay-sayers recently. Probably better with the likes of Ferodo, higher-end Mintex etc.

I'd heard the old type weren't too good, the pad breaking up I think but they have revised this and suppose to be alot better. The fronts would cost me £50 and I don't wanna get them if they're no good.

I've got mintex atm and they've stopped making the extreme ones for the mondeo so maybe I will try Ferodo but I'm wondering if they will brake as well as the EBC ones :angry:

What's their selling point? and is there a specific type of friction disc required to compliment the pads?

For fast road use, good performance from cold, minimal brake dust....normally use them with grooved/drilled discs.

What's their selling point? and is there a specific type of friction disc required to compliment the pads?

For fast road use, good performance from cold, minimal brake dust....normally use them with grooved/drilled discs.

Means they run hot..... Do you have to change the brake fluid?

Means they run hot..... Do you have to change the brake fluid?

Don't think anyone has on MEG, I'm just curious as to whether the price is justified. I've been happy with my mintex but I've noticed the performance is dropping off although these is still a good few thousand miles left in them, if not more.

I usually use red but just put some yellows on the front, not used green before though.

I got greens all round on the 5 and the brake dust (particularly on the front) is horrendous - its not like i am standing on them hard either !

Decent enough performance though - i think i'll try either the mazda OEM ones next (highly rated) or perhaps some track spec mintex pads (1155's?)- i've always liked those.