New Tyres required

SMARTLY

As above, I need two new fronts on my Lexus IS250 and backs will need doing in a few thousand miles so I'm thinking of jumping from Toyo Proxes R32 to the T1-R.

Are there any comments on ride, grip and wear?

Also looks like tracking needs doing as there is extra wear on the insides and more on one side than the other. Does that sound like tracking?

( Posted on LOC as well )

As above, I need two new fronts on my Lexus IS250 and backs will need doing in a few thousand miles so I'm thinking of jumping from Toyo Proxes R32 to the T1-R.

Are there any comments on ride, grip and wear?

Also looks like tracking needs doing as there is extra wear on the insides and more on one side than the other. Does that sound like tracking?

( Posted on LOC as well )

Steve,

If Toyo did the Proxes 4 in the sizes to fit my 19" rims on my 250 SE-L I would probably try those instead of the T1-R's I have currently. No problem with the T1-R, it's just that the Proxes 4 are supposedly a later development and a better all round tyre. I do have the Proxes 4 on my IS200, and although they're a definite improvement over the original Bridgestone Potenzas I cannot do a direct comparison against the Toyo T1-R's.

Tony may recommend Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, but as they're going out of production, maybe not B)

Thanks Tony, that's the answer I was looking for.

What about

any thoughts?

What about
any thoughts?

Don't you mean the geometry...Tony doesn't do 'tracking' B)

OK, so I have had thetyes fitted and now the "T" done with a "Trackmaster" ? machine.

Settings before / after

camber left -0 42' / -0 38'

camber right -0 12' / -0 12'

partial toe left 3 10' / 0 60'

partial toe right 0.00 / 0.60'

total toe 3 10' / 1 20'

set-back 0 11' / 0 00'

Does this look right, or have I still got work needs doing?

Well I ended up speaking to the guy that calibrates the cars for the Supertracker machines.

It's in mm.

Phew, you had me going there...... Ok then so if the toe figures equate to .6mm per side then i'm happy :whistle: