Light front end...

S2IM

Hi,

Since having the rear wheels moved to the front of my car during its service (to even out tyre wear) The car's steering feels light and at about 80 theres a slight vibration/feels lighter.

Would balancing cause this feeling or could it be the spigot rings in the wheel with the problems? Didnt notice an issue with the wheels on the rear previously when the tyres were fitted.

2002 STI Scoob ;)

Hello ;)

Speeds to high to be spigot rings, so balance is most likely, i assume the tyre pressures are ok....

Geometrically the only reason would be a low castor angle or loads of toe-out.... Well the castor is fixed on your car unless you have an anti-lift kit fitted, so did they "track" the fronts during the service?

Iain, we had this on the pug a while ago, vibration and light steering. Tony rebalanced the wheels and it was fine afterwards :lmaosmiley:

Didn't you get them rebalanced at crap fit though after having the rears moved to the front?

Hey Rich ;)

I had the car serviced about 4 weeks ago. The chaps moved the fronts to the rear (had rears fitted at WIM 3 weeks prior to that). They said due to the weight on the front the new tyres needed to go on the fronts and put the old on the rears again.

The rears (now on the front) were balanced at WIM, the fronts (now on the rear) at Kwik fit. Could be balancing I guess... !! Or our stupid roads with their craters have knocked something out...! :lmaosmiley:

Any time to have a look tomorrow Tony? Got a day off B)

Hey Rich ;)

I had the car serviced about 4 weeks ago. The chaps moved the fronts to the rear (had rears fitted at WIM 3 weeks prior to that). They said due to the weight on the front the new tyres needed to go on the fronts and put the old on the rears again.

The rears (now on the front) were balanced at WIM, the fronts (now on the rear) at Kwik fit. Could be balancing I guess... !! Or our stupid roads with their craters have knocked something out...! :lmaosmiley:

Balance yes Geo no.... that's booked until the 7th March.

Hey Rich ;)

Ok - Ill pop up at lunch time and get the balancing checked. :)

Ill get it booked in for a geo while i am at it too.

Hey Rich :)

The rears (now on the front) were balanced at WIM, the fronts (now on the rear) at Kwik fit. Could be balancing I guess... !! Or our stupid roads with their craters have knocked something out...! B)

Any time to have a look tomorrow Tony? Got a day off ;)

Ok - Ill pop up at lunch time and get the balancing checked. :)

Ill get it booked in for a geo while i am at it too.

When you get there poke me in the eye with a heads up..... i'm so busy i don't know if i'm coming or going :lmaosmiley:

:lmaosmiley:

Will do

Out of curiosity - have you any experience of Performance Friction brakes? Had a set of pads fitted all round and I have to say compared to the brembo's they are amazing! No fade, judder, or noise.

:lmaosmiley:

Will do

Out of curiosity - have you any experience of Performance Friction brakes? Had a set of pads fitted all round and I have to say compared to the brembo's they are amazing! No fade, judder, or noise.

Loads of experience but no real voice on the topic?..... i work on to many different cars with many makes of performance pads.... Although i had an S2000 in today that Honda fitted the customers performance pads/disc's and they were binding like hell..... Reason being the pads were half a mil thicker than OEM hence the bind.... customer was chuffed because Honda told him he needed new calipers B)

I'd expect you frown on all those front-to-rear swapery Tony...?

Yep, it's a marketing ploy to gain extra balance..... My argument is the well shaped rear tyres get moved to the front and everyone thinks the tyres pattern of wear will be ok!!!.... not.

Leave the bloody things where they are unless there is a real advantage to move them.

Hi tony... Car is spot on now. No vibration and confidence back on sweeping bends. :)

Seems our roads have caused a flat spot on a wheel too which your guys sorted with the balancing popping the wheels back round.

Many thanks

Cheers

Hi tony... Car is spot on now. No vibration and confidence back on sweeping bends. :)

Seems our roads have caused a flat spot on a wheel too which your guys sorted with the balancing popping the wheels back round.

Many thanks

Cheers

Nice one mate, glad it's sorted :o

Many thanks

Cheers

Good news indeed... I assume the damaged wheel is now on the back? BTW i wanted to speak today but i was consumed with those two Drift RX7's :o

BTW i wanted to speak today but i was consumed with those two Drift RX7's :)

Pics please! :o

I was to busy to take any :) .... I should have done really, especially when they were testing the Geo by Drifting around the park... Both cars are in Pro-Drift, the white one is in this months addition of JP.

Pics please! :)

I was to busy to take any :) .... I should have done really, especially when they were testing the Geo by Drifting around the park... Both cars are in Pro-Drift, the white one is in this months addition of JP.

Time to get that geo webcam set up then :o

Time to get that geo webcam set up then :)

Cant, these are secret custom settings as are most of the track cars nowadays :o

Cant, these are secret custom settings as are most of the track cars nowadays :o

You don't need the camera on the screen though, just the car :)

You don't need the camera on the screen though, just the car :)

But you wouldn't get any work done dribbling at the wim-cam.

They were pretty loud when started. Defo full decats :)

I told them to take it easy since the now had pro-drift settings and the fact that the cars were driven to the centre rather than trailerd..... Mark@ wim saw them at the top of Amersham hill drifting around the roundabout..... :o

They were pretty loud when started. Defo full decats :)

I told them to take it easy since the now had pro-drift settings and the fact that the cars were driven to the centre rather than trailerd..... Mark@ wim saw them at the top of Amersham hill drifting around the roundabout..... :o

I take it they're legal to drive on the road? Bit silly drifting on a public road during the day though!!