Oh Bugger

CIH

BMW ;) ...... I wouldn't be to hard on yourself mate, even our BOSS has trouble with those and that has 3.5 tons of pressure....

At the end of the day your being asked to do something the machines not capable of!!

Well the machine can take up to 21's but certainly that's the hardest I've had so far.

Wouldn't mind so much but the rest of the bead had tucked under the wheel, as it should, so I'm not really sure why the arm caught it there. Probably had it set too high.

truelly munched that 1 up .........ive got to put my 18" back that rim tommoro and on a anchent machine to.......oh the joy...was bad enuff fittin 17s on it

You really know how to cheer someone up don't you mate ;)

Latest attempt went fine today. Running overnight on 3 new tyres appears to have triggered the runflat indicator, incidentally.

I take it kwik fit have insurance for accidents like these? Not a cheap tyre!

Yeah it's called the Manager's bonus

Latest attempt went fine today. Running overnight on 3 new tyres appears to have triggered the runflat indicator, incidentally.

Managers not to chuffed at the moment then.... I worked in a bonus regime for 25yrs and i would never have one in wim or any franchise's :)

Managers not to chuffed at the moment then.... I worked in a bonus regime for 25yrs and i would never have one in wim or any franchise's :)

How does that work then?

Simple as that... bonus's don't work and i will never have them in wim.

A bit of a bonus at Christmas does make you feel appreciated though and makes you forget any misgivings that happened during the year and you start off the new year in good spirit ... maybe that's just me :)

A bit of a bonus at Christmas does make you feel appreciated though and makes you forget any misgivings that happened during the year and you start off the new year in good spirit ... maybe that's just me :)

I understand that..... In fast fit you normally have a base target then any money made over that is shared between staff as a bonus, from my experience this invites over selling since the staff have a vested interest "personally".

Starvation wages plus a "bonus" top up to a living wage is diabolical in my opinion, obviously staff are going to do what's ever necessary to achieve a living wage "whatever the morality".

In wim i hope the staff see a better future with a livable wage now, as we grow they grow as does that wage.

I understand that..... In fast fit you normally have a base target then any money made over that is shared between staff as a bonus, from my experience this invites over selling since the staff have a vested interest "personally".

Starvation wages plus a "bonus" top up to a living wage is diabolical in my opinion, obviously staff are going to do what's ever necessary to achieve a living wage "whatever the morality".

In wim i hope the staff see a better future with a livable wage now, as we grow they grow as does that wage.

That's the answer I was after. So any damages like this tyre get taken out of the bonuses. Too many of these = no bonus?

Bit like a rep then, get a basic wage and then commission on top of that.

A bit of a bonus at Christmas does make you feel appreciated though and makes you forget any misgivings that happened during the year and you start off the new year in good spirit ... maybe that's just me :(

That's the answer I was after. So any damages like this tyre get taken out of the bonuses. Too many of these = no bonus?

Bit like a rep then, get a basic wage and then commission on top of that.

Yeah, though for fitters it's more like "Too many of these = no job"

The boss doesn't actually know as he's been off since Thursday. See what he says when I'm back on Tuesday. I'm not in the habit of ripping beads and we've had a couple of good months so he shouldn't be in such a bad mood lol. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...