The model kit thread

CIH

The planes are coming along nicely, I just remembered as a kid I had about 10 suspended from the bedroom ceiling plus a wooden one with a wingspan of 3 foot!! -_-

I recently finished building one of these ferrariF1lego.jpg.

Nice...I will have to put my batmobile up! :rolleyes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony the Berkut is real but as far as I'm aware never made it past prototype/proof of concept, probably due to Russia's poor fainances. According to the blurb on the box it first flew in 1997 but is still much of a mystery to the west.

When I get round to painting it I'm gonna do it in Russian Air Defence colours, a kind of "what if" scenario.

Tony the Berkut is real but as far as I'm aware never made it past prototype/proof of concept, probably due to Russia's poor fainances. According to the blurb on the box it first flew in 1997 but is still much of a mystery to the west.

When I get round to painting it I'm gonna do it in Russian Air Defence colours, a kind of "what if" scenario.

"what if's " good... All due respect it did look "concept" hence the reason i asked....... Maybe you can do something they didn't and build it?

Noobs.jpg

-latest arrivals. Got rid of two smaller kits to make room. The alternate colour scheme of the Flanker will be used on thr Berkut for my "what-if" scenario. Had a bit of a scare when I thought I had lost the Berkuts canopy parts! Found 'em hiding in another kit !?

I got a bit excited and had to start my Airfix 1/72 General Dynamics F16 Falcon

F16.jpg

-Almost ready for primer after only a couple hours. The running time of Star Wars:Phatom Menace anyway. Plus an episode of the simpsons while ITV had the news on (half way through the film :( !!)

Needed lots of filling and sanding though.

Group-1.jpg

-Shows just how large the russian fighters are. All 3 are about ready for primer. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Couple of disasters and a painting fubar meant I've had to scrap the Berkut and Foxbat so the CIH airfoce is looking a bit depleted. Still, it's all pratice and I've more kits (victims ?!) coming.

What a shame.... I thought you was a master in this art ;)