Changed my car

Pagnobito

Hello

You may recall I had this Lexus;

yn0j45.jpg

The aftermarket wheels got bent too many times on pot holes, so I after the third time (and straightening) I sold them on ebay and then I saw another car when I was looking for a replacement car for the wife, fancied it, bought it and traded the Lexus for this;

yu2qom.jpg

Wow that is nice..... Lucky you.

How do you rate the difference between the two?

As a pure observation I would say one is pretty slow and the other is fast! ;) (Sorry Tony!)

Looks really nice the 350Z. Quite a change from the Lexus must say!

Wow that is nice..... Lucky you.

How do you rate the difference between the two?

Quite different!

The Lexus was a really nice comfortable drive (apart from the gearbox being plain wrong) had loads of toys and a really brilliant multi channel stereo. It also had some stuff on it you didn't really need like an electric rear blind. It didn't really live up to the economical drive promised only realising around 30mpg. I don't think a Lexus should have a diesel really, ok it was fine on the move for the most part refined but the clatter at tickover wasn't up to BMW or Mercedes standards of noise. I see others on the road and I do miss it slightly with mixed feelings.

The 350Z is far more of a driver focused car, the engine and exhaust sound absolutely glorious (but still not quite as good as the V8 Porsche I also own) The handling is very good and the traction control gives you a little bit of play so you can get a little sideways before it reins in the power, but it doesn't cut it all together. I suppose the colour is not to some taste, but I love it and I have had some nice comments from the ladies at the petrol station or other places I have stopped. One said "what a lovely colour, and a really nice car, what is it?" ;)

It is very quick, there is a 300bhp 3.5l V6 at the front driving the rear.

There is the usual toys for a GT model, aircon, cruise, electric foldy mirrors, leather and shiny bits, bluetooth and Bose stereo with a 10" sub right behind the driver seat. Part electric seats (back rest and forward/backward) Optional reverse parking beepy thing fitted. I have to say though that the stereo is poor and lacks definition and warmth, it makes a noise and rattles your kidneys but doesn't really satisfy with quality so I am thinking of upgrading it.

The other thing that attracted me to this car is that they are not that common. Downside is the flippin road tax £400 this year and will only get more expensive. I do enjoy getting in and going for a drive even though the Lexus was a lovely luxury car it just wasn't that exciting.

Here are some more piccies;

Funky interior

yu33td.jpg

Fat tail pipes

yu2qoj.jpg

Gold Brembos

yu2qox.jpg

:o

Lovely looking motor mate i really love them..have test drove one and they do sound gorgeous....if i had one id get the NISMO full body kit and the Nismo "19" forged alloy`s ....but thats my taste.... ;) like this without the decals...

post-993-1224090266.jpg