CIH's Training Thread

CIH

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well not so much agressive. "Sporty" ? (I hate that word).

Fast road may have +60' total, track maybe +60 per wheel, climb -60 per wheel :D. Toe is a "tuning angle" since it's normal domestic position is a dynamic 0.

I had a quick look at the tendencey under squat and dive of my S12 on the ramp. Rear appeared to be minimal either way but front, under squat, and despite a static positive setting, was to move slightly more positive (IIRC +0.3 minutes to +0.6/7). Shame there's no way to see rear toe under transmission load.

Oh, would you like to hear my thoughts on running +20 minutes rear toe ? :huh:

tbh i hadn't really noticed any change untill I did a quick left-right "flick" while driving dead ahead (only about a quarter lock either way) and I can really feel the rear shifting. I imagine it'll slide well if I give it a bit of a "scandernavian flick" but I've not had the balls to try it yet. I can really imagine the tyre sidewall loading up before the back-end shifts laterally.

Feels much better than when it was running a 0/- rear toe figure though. Still a little twitchy but much more progressive. Less of a "knife edge". Be intersting to see how less negative camber/smaller tyre aspect ratio would change things.

See told you.... On some of the track cars we run +40 or even 1d on the rear.... On throttle/ corner out the lateral forces produce progressive over-steer, not snap over-steer.

Less camber could produce roll over-steer which is much harder to catch.

Camber currently -1.15 ish. I figured about a degree, especially with lower/stiffer suspension with uprated ARBs ?

I imagine 4-wheel steer feels similar to how it is now .

What do you reckon for front camber ? I thinking maybe -20 minutes each side and go from there ?

With lower suspension you can afford a more aggressive camber since there's less dynamic gains, what your looking for is a steady-state chassis where there's minimal changes to the cars overall dynamics i.e Geometric/ suspension/ aero

Yeah but I'm trying to tweak how the car behaves with stock suspension (for now).

You said "Camber currently -1.15 ish. I figured about a degree, especially with lower/stiffer suspension with uprated ARBs ?" :lol:

Stock suspension but with EZ camber bolts.

I would have thought a shallower rear camber angle would be better if I were looking for oversteer ?

Depending where the front is then yes.... you could also use the toe angles but this would need to be aggressive.

Hnmmn, sounds like it's not so much the mass but how that mass is distributed in relation to it's centre of rotation(centre of gravity ?)

Because if your double an onject's size a larger portion of it's overall mass is further away from it's CoG.