Shall I, shan't I

Tony

Sponsored cars are a great source for testing new calibrations with experienced drivers approving or belaying how the chassis is set.

Drift has been my main focus because it's a new exciting art that's rapidly growing in popularity and it's very chassis dependant so commanding.

The possible car to be is a Clio intended for the Clio cup, problem i have it's FWD and not very adjustable at the chassis so i'm not so sure if it's wise to get involved with a car that inherently under-steers.

What do you think....take it on or go to the pub :rolleyes:

Don't you see it as a challenge then and I'm sure you could make it adjustable?

Have ago and see what happens, you won't be in a contract will you or if you are just make it a short one to start with?

Have ago and see what happens, you won't be in a contract will you or if you are just make it a short one to start with?

It's a gentleman's contract.... The work involves the off season developments then in season enharncements.

The issue i have is everything changes when the steer axis also becomes the drive wheels thus under-steer.... corner out on transition, power on, under-steer, plus the rear is fixed so all we have there to assist is track width and tyre saturation limits.

Plus the DI is pants, other than that tickety boo :rolleyes:

It's a gentleman's contract.... The work involves the off season developments then in season enharncements.

The issue i have is everything changes when the steer axis also becomes the drive wheels thus under-steer.... corner out on transition, power on, under-steer, plus the rear is fixed so all we have there to assist is track width and tyre saturation limits.

Can the rear be made adjustable though, anything on the market? I'd imagine it will be a ball ache having to fabricate something yourself?

Can the rear be made adjustable though, anything on the market? I'd imagine it will be a ball ache having to fabricate something yourself?

Well i can shim the hubs and calipers and it's made easy with my software but its still a pain on an evolutionary scale.

My issue is i'm not going to encompass the Clio calibration market so sponsoring this car is only worth our media exposure from it carrying our decal.... will it be worth it?

Well i can shim the hubs and calipers and it's made easy with my software but its still a pain on an evolutionary scale.

My issue is i'm not going to encompass the Clio calibration market so sponsoring this car is only worth our media exposure from it carrying our decal.... will it be worth it?

Suppose that would depend on how many times the car would be on track and where.

thing is Tony, can you add shims and stuff, i know when i raced saloon cars in the early 90s, the series we was in, would not allow any modifications off the steering or suspension over and above what the series allowed from the initial series specifications

you may find your stuck with only being able to work within the constraints of what the series will allow,

for example, our cars could be no lower, or the wheel track any wider, than specified in the rule book......

• 2 weeks later...

In all fairness the the Clio Cup I know it's not a well advertised sport, in fact when I went to a few races, then when I read next weeks Autosport it only gave a small amount of coverage to it, in fact a small box with the results?!

I don't think (if that's what you're after as I know there's other benefits from working on the car) would give WIM much coverage.

This is based on my experience of the sport many years ago so posters feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

(takes blunt media reality hat off)

As for the car, it's down to you, would it give you a significant challenge to support the car in the close season as that's when most development will happen with tweaks while the car is racing.

Tony if you want another you could use mine.........I would be very interested to learn more about geometry and cars. I knew it is a big area on its own, but not to the extent in which you talk sometimes, its quite amazing. I believe the 13 is quite adjustable underneath in certain area's and would no doubt end up spending more in that area if I ever got involved with you for any period of time lol......let us know if your interested.....

Tony if you want another you could use mine.........I would be very interested to learn more about geometry and cars. I knew it is a big area on its own, but not to the extent in which you talk sometimes, its quite amazing. I believe the 13 is quite adjustable underneath in certain area's and would no doubt end up spending more in that area if I ever got involved with you for any period of time lol......let us know if your interested.....

Obviously this is a business relationship i'm looking for so what sort of visibility do you think your car will have in the mags/ tv or other that will benefit me?

Try not to read that as harsh but we do spend some serious time on our sponsored cars so it has to work both ways.

Obviously this is a business relationship i'm looking for so what sort of visibility do you think your car will have in the mags/ tv or other that will benefit me?

Try not to read that as harsh but we do spend some serious time on our sponsored cars so it has to work both ways.

I just thought I would offer lol, but erm, to be honest mate until I get my BDC licence which might be by the end of this year, or early next year, it would probably only be seen at a drift day once a month, I suppose I could see if a mag wanted to do a spread, I know Dan who owned the car before said that there was a mag interested in doing a spread for the car, as this car is one of the most well known cars within the drift community, that could have some benifit of having your name across it. But the whole coverage thing is all new to me mate to be fair, so Im learning lots as I go along.....

How about you approach whatever mag and they profile the car at wim during it's drift calibration?

That way you get exposure and wim gets visibility, what i will also do is take a "next page" advert in the mag.

I could find out about that, think of me now as an investment for the future, get me cheap now and reap later.....:D

How about you approach whatever mag and they profile the car at wim during it's drift calibration?

That way you get exposure and wim gets visibility, what i will also do is take a "next page" advert in the mag.

I could find out about that, think of me now as an investment for the future, get me cheap now and reap later.....;)

I am genuinely interested but there are some variables.... We have the "Monster" in BDC and "Team Green" but i'm not sure of the Monsters path next season, if the car's not drifting then yes we would love to take you on but there's no benefit to having three cars in the BDC.

I could find out about that, think of me now as an investment for the future, get me cheap now and reap later.....:angry2:

I am genuinely interested but there are some variables.... We have the "Monster" in BDC and "Team Green" but i'm not sure of the Monsters path next season, if the car's not drifting then yes we would love to take you on but there's no benefit to having three cars in the BDC.

You have Team Green, oh dear, in that case I dont want anything to do with you lol.....they are all Cowboys, especially that Cerferio Mike character :D

:)