This tyre is legal?

Tony

It's condition is not a nick and only an MOT advisory

post-2-1218654053.jpg

post-2-1218654072.jpg

post-2-1218654095.jpg

The reason it's a pass is no construction material is visible so the perishing is deemed as "cosmetic!"

The example is one of four from a Porsche 944s and the tyres were 20yrs old....... Time to change the law methinks :D

Only an advisory! :D I've had a tyre fail before as it was slightly cracked on the inner wall, so I'm amased that passed!!

There's nothing in the MOT manual to say a perished tyre is a fail unless cords or wire is exposed.

Only an advisory! :D I've had a tyre fail before as it was slightly cracked on the inner wall, so I'm amased that passed!!

There's nothing in the MOT manual to say a perished tyre is a fail unless cords or wire is exposed.

Didn't know that...

Didn't know that...

Seemingly until then the tyres construction is deemed to be sound, it's mad.

All tyres have a date on them so for the road an age of say..... 8 years should be a limit.

Didn't know that...

Seemingly until then the tyres construction is deemed to be sound, it's mad.

All tyres have a date on them so for the road an age of say..... 8 years should be a limit.

Why not start a campaign to get the law changed? Surely that tyre could blow at any minute resulting in a nasty accident and possibly a fatality.

A campaign that forces anyone to spend money will fail and few would understand the reason why the condition is so dangerous.

The reason for the date is so the manufacture can discard responsibility for the tyre after 5yrs.

A campaign that forces anyone to spend money will fail and few would understand the reason why the condition is so dangerous.

The reason for the date is so the manufacture can discard responsibility for the tyre after 5yrs.

That's true but when a tyre looks like that anyone with some common sense should know it's not safe!!

That's true but when a tyre looks like that anyone with some common sense should know it's not safe!!

We would like to think so but how can you set a limit for "perished"..... The example shown is very advanced but i'm sure many lesser examples have blown out.

We would like to think so but how can you set a limit for "perished"..... The example shown is very advanced but i'm sure many lesser examples have blown out.

That's crazy as it will obviously delaminate pretty quickly, certainly before the next M.O.T... :lol:

Looks like my o/s front tyre at the moment.am due to get the 17s back on with new tread soon so sort of haffta put up with it.guttin thing is its my spare as got a punture a while back

It's condition is not a nick and only an MOT advisory

post-2-1218654053.jpg

post-2-1218654072.jpg

post-2-1218654095.jpg

The reason it's a pass is no construction material is visible so the perishing is deemed as "cosmetic!"

The example is one of four from a Porsche 944s and the tyres were 20yrs old....... Time to change the law methinks :D

and how many times have we seen this over the years Tony.. ???

it's shocking !!!

but whats even more scary, is the general public have little or no idea what to look for !! :D

there should be more education for new drivers regarding what to look for and general maintenance....