Suspension damage

But are you then trading off the correct Camber just to get the Castor right?

Which is more important? having the camber perfect or Castor or should we try find a medium in the middle somewhere?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is more important? having the camber perfect or Castor or should we try find a medium in the middle somewhere?

Your camber is to deep anyway at -50'.... OEM =-30'. If you adjust to around -20'/30' you will gain around +45' of castor.

Your camber is to deep anyway at -50'.... OEM =-30'. If you adjust to around -20'/30' you will gain around +45' of castor.

ah ok, great thanks :)

here's the twisted bit...

suspensionarmef1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well done :) ...... The only down side is they needed to lower the OSF camber to reduce to castor, so expect more wear on the inner..... But hay at least she drive forward now :D

just checked the inner tyres today and it's looking depressing, both fronts have a shiny inner edge again...... :mellow: :( :(

they're wearing as bad as ever.... what can i do???

please advise oh wise one.... :unsure:

Well done :) ...... The only down side is they needed to lower the OSF camber to reduce to castor, so expect more wear on the inner..... But hay at least she drive forward now :D

just checked the inner tyres today and it's looking depressing, both fronts have a shiny inner edge again...... :mellow: :( :(

Get some cusco adjustable upper A arms.

Well done :) ...... The only down side is they needed to lower the OSF camber to reduce to castor, so expect more wear on the inner..... But hay at least she drive forward now :)

Get some cusco adjustable upper A arms.

ok will look into to it, thanks :D

Tony from what i've been able to fing out, the CUSCO adjustable upper wishbones are to increase negative camber... what i need is to reduce the negative? am i mistaken?

taken from a Tezza forum

Update on the Cusco arms:

There are four settings that it can be set to, through the use of 4 bolts on a sliding rail, and two locking bolts. The settings are stock, -4mm, -8mm and -12mm, with increasing negative camber respectively.

cheers :D

• 1 month later...
img002vd7.jpg

Hi Tony,

back again....

well i got adjustable bushings for the top wishbones and put them on today and going back to my geometry guy tomorrow.... set them to max for now hoping that he can use the lower OEM adjusters to get a nice balance? although you can actually see that i now have excess positive camber and the wheels are out alot more at the top ...

you called it spot on regarding wear on the insides of the OSF, but it is way more severe than ever before, (i have a picture that i'll put up later) but from the reading in the scanned print out above is this totally due to the camber? have done 6000km's since and there's actual threads exposed now :rolleyes:

6000kmskf5.jpg

what readings should i insist on tomorrow to cure this dreaded inner wear?

camber -00.30 on both fronts?

Toe? as close to 0 as possible?

thanks again :)

just gone gold as I'm very grateful for your advice to date :)

Hi Tony,

what is your opinion on our final values?

castoryl6.jpg

1.5 hours of fine tuning later (adjusters were put in the day before) ...

Camber is a bit more than you said but he said it might suit my roads better as i live in the countryside and it's mostly twisty roads, rarely a motorway journey...

Castor is fine now, but the "kingpin" is gone outside tolerances but regarding importance where is that on the list and will i be ok with it as is?

thanks

Superb :o ...... Whoever set the car do so enthusiastically, very nice work.

As for the king-pin don't worry, the amount it's wrong is of no concern to me :)

Thats a great endorsment, ya he's dedicated alright, he takes a great interest in the final result :)

anyway my Altezza is driving fab now :D

thats again for your help :)

As for the king-pin don't worry, the amount it's wrong is of no concern to me :)

Thats a great endorsment, ya he's dedicated alright, he takes a great interest in the final result :)

Can you please tell LOC about this place?..... Ireland is screaming out for a decent alignment centre!!!!!

Can you please tell LOC about this place?..... Ireland is screaming out for a decent alignment centre!!!!!

• 4 months later...

I thought it was all over but i took off both wheels today to check how the wear was going ....these are Goodyear F1's and have done 6000km's (3,700 miles) :)

frwheelhu5.jpgfrwheel2fk6.jpg

flwheelgr8.jpgflwheel2co5.jpg

now it was the passenger side front wheel that was damaged by the pothole and it's the one that's been making the most creaks but this time it's the driver side that's gone bald on the edge...

Tony please advise as I'm getting so sick of buying tyres for this car :lol: , i love this car but this is really getting to me as I've had crap cars over the years and never a problem like this....

what do you think is causing this ....

thanks

Noel

That's bad, sorry to hear you've still got problems mate :lol:

ya it's kind of sickening at this stage ..... :)

sorry about the big pics but i had thumbnails to imageshack first but you get hit with loads of pop-ups ...

cheers mate