Nice start to the day

Tony

My wife's a nurse and today she was on an early shift.... Anyway at 6am i get a call from her saying she had a puncture (osf) so off i go to fit the spare...

This is the fun part... When i get there the tyre is smoking it was that hot, i said to her didn't you notice the car pulling right, she said "well yes but i thought it was the weather" (snow) :) ..... "so you thought the lean of the car, the pull to the right and the heavy steering was the snow"..... "Yes" :)

It gets better..... So now i have to fit the spare. For some unimaginable reason she decided to stop up a hill on the hard shoulder.... Thanks to the snow i couldn't move the car forward and thanks to the lamppost behind i couldn't move the car back :thumbsup_anim:

So there i am 6.30 in the morning with a snow drift on me head trying to undo the wheel studs.... would they move!!! would they friar tuck!! I thought to myself "aw those nice mechanics at Vauxhall have been over cautious and given the studs a little extra"

(.......real version edited to comply with profanity regulations.....)

What to do :) "DING" i know i will use the jack on the wheel brace to uncrack the studs :angry: ... anyway despite the hill and the snow i finally fitted the spare and off she went...

So gets back home and guess what :lol: i forgot my house keys :angry: ... My options are wake up the kids or drive to the hospital and get the wife's...... so i did :) one problem though? i couldn't remember what ward she works on.... So there i am filthy dirty, snow drift on me head walking the wards asking for nurse Bones :)

Eventually i found her so home i'm-a-coming.... Oh no :) i get the van to one if the side roads and it can't get up the hill due to the snow "Nooooooo"....... Two mile walk later here i am

I have defiantly had better days.

O.K...3 things wrong here:

1) Why are you going out in the snow (mad or what)

2) You should belong to one of the recovery services to stop you doing no 1.

3) If you have to venture outside get a hat :thumbsup_anim:

:angry:

O.K...3 things wrong here:

1) Why are you going out in the snow (mad or what)

2) You should belong to one of the recovery services to stop you doing no 1.

3) If you have to venture outside get a hat :P

:D

Well she wanted to get to work "whatever".... Muggings here knows she has the patience of a Baboon so the few miles drive seemed an easy option. Anyway the recovery services were probably stuck in the snow anyway :rolleyes:

"those nice mechanics at Vauxhall have been over cautious and given the studs a little extra"

:P :D :D :rolleyes:

When will they learn?

Incidentally, you can buy an extending wheel nut wrench for about a fiver. Or a length of steel tube?

"those nice mechanics at Vauxhall have been over cautious and given the studs a little extra"

:D :D :rolleyes: :P

When will they learn?

Incidentally, you can buy an extending wheel nut wrench for about a fiver. Or a length of steel tube?

I know :D I'm thinking of getting an extendable (2ft) wrench, popping down Vauxhalls on Tuesday and sticking it right up the managers suggestion box ;)

Sorry Tony but I found this really funny. :D :rolleyes: :P

Hey, its cured your boredom though!

It is funny really, just not at the time.... Hows this for topping?. I goes back this afternoon to get the truck and..... Battery's flat :D numpty here left the lights on. It wasn't a real problem because i bumped started it in reverse down the hill but i had to find the owner of the car parked behind it first :D

What's happened to good luck, has it been privatized ;)

the wheel brace supplied with most of the cars ive owned has never been more than about 6 inches long. do they seriously expect anyone to be able to undo wheel nuts at the side of the road with this? at home i use one of those impact gun thingies, which has saved me loads of times, but i dont carry it around with me.

and i cant think of any garage or tyre fitter ive ever been to that hasnt over-tightened the wheel nuts either.