Horrible judder on my IS300 between 50-60mph

eddie

I have been having juddering issues on my lexus when im going between 50 and 60mph. Is it geo that is off? 

Getting annoying rather than stopping me from driving. Before I take it in (either garage or tyre centre) wanted to get some feedback on here to avoid wasting time and money

cheers

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yeah I think there may have been a pot hole - I can drive through it - its ok at 70mph - tyre centre it is then for a check up

Pop down to WIM and get them to check the balancing, I don't think I'd trust a tyre centre TBH.

On 18/12/2021 at 12:08, Rich said:

Pop down to WIM and get them to check the balancing, I don't think I'd trust a tyre centre TBH.

yeah will do Rich, will go down to WIM - will probably be after xmas/new years now though

• Like 1

I might have to take mine down for a geo check after hitting the biggest hole I've seen the other week on the way to work. Plus I swerved and didn't go down the deepest part.

The car has felt like it's tugging to the left since and I have to correct it to the right. The car has only had one geo and that was when I bought it 8 years a go!

On 20/12/2021 at 13:19, Rich said:

I might have to take mine down for a geo check after hitting the biggest hole I've seen the other week on the way to work. Plus I swerved and didn't go down the deepest part.

The car has felt like it's tugging to the left since and I have to correct it to the right. The car has only had one geo and that was when I bought it 8 years a go!

maybe mine hit the same pot hole - there is a huge one on Chorleywood road

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I found this by example with a train of Lexus's with the same complaint.....  How the flange warps, i don't know... I have an idea how they warp, it's not proven.

understood Tony, good to know, should help with diagnosing the issue :)

• 1 month later...