just a thought

what about a shout box? like on MEG and some other forum's i go on.

make's genaral chit chat a bit easyer and can be quite fun too

it could be for paid up member's only :thumbsup_anum:

LOC have a similar thing "out of sight" of the main board and an anything goes format.... Basically i think it's nothing more than a chance to swear and opens the opportunity to attack other members directly.

When the wim protocol was discussed we decided it would display a level of polite language so that even a child could read the posts without being offended.

All this despite it's a car club.... Male orientated and against the grain of other car clubs..... Nevertheless wim is non-hostile and easy to blend into for newbies.... I think we can all agree this is better for everyone :)

Tony, I think you have misunderstood what a shout box is ..............

It doesn't, IMO make it any easier or less easier for any abuse on the forums.

It's just an easy chat / shout type client for a forum !

Tony, I think you have misunderstood what a shout box is ..............

It doesn't, IMO make it any easier or less easier for any abuse on the forums.

It's just an easy chat / shout type client for a forum !

Do you think it's something members would use/like here?

LOC have a similar thing "out of sight" of the main board and an anything goes format.... Basically i think it's nothing more than a chance to swear and opens the opportunity to attack other members directly.

When the wim protocol was discussed we decided it would display a level of polite language so that even a child could read the posts without being offended.

All this despite it's a car club.... Male orientated and against the grain of other car clubs..... Nevertheless wim is non-hostile and easy to blend into for newbies.... I think we can all agree this is better for everyone B)

tony i think you misunderstand what LOC has, it has a gold section specifically for paying members where untold discounts are available, in amongst that, is a section that is used for "not safe for work" type posts and is basically unmoderated to a point, attacking of other members is most certainly not tolerated there or anywhere on LOC

language issues on LOC are probably of the highest standard of any forums i have visited, it is not tolerated on any public threads, and the moderators do a fantastic job of upholding it,

:)