Mk3 Focus new front tyres and alignment

Gman

I'm starting to think the same .. I can't but think they have missed something simple ...

Yes am pretty sure the ECU as been read .

The car is better then what it was but still no where near how it should be back roads are a constant fight.

I'm pulling my hair out over this !!

Ford have been in contact I've filed a complaint so just have to wait now.

Strange thing happened tonight when reversing I turned onto full lock wheel wouldn't turn any more then the wheel turned again further ....

I've also noticed the lock seems less then before...

?? Shed any light on this Tony. Thanks

No idea, just remember them being there on the two that I had. Meant a apin reversing off my drive and backwards in a 180 on the road ( corner ) to go out.

Have you posted or searched on the Focus TalkFord forum?

Try here, looks like it's both sides and in the rack:

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_steering_rack_limiter_kit_f_1717039_c_964.htm

• 2 weeks later...

This seems never ending ... car is going back to Ford in a couple of wks time they have agreed to look at it with no charge and take it from there..,!

Car as got worse it's now developed a steering wheel vibration from 55mph upwards and it's started to clonk with slow manoeuvres as well as the other issues... If I could hand this car back I would . 😬

On a slightly different subject .. I have recently got a Peugeot partner van that pulls severely to the left.. steering wheel is straight .

Having googled this it appears many of these vans are affected by this due to the rear subframe being slightly out.

If this is the case could a good alignment center improve it?

Thanks