Thanks mate, things are definitely much better now :)

The theme takes a bit of getting used to and that reminds me I've been meaning to test some others to see what they're like.

Some comparisons would be nice if only to allow members to voice an opinion.

Working well from Feurteventura as well.  ..... oops spoke to soon it won’t let me insert a normal smiley, trying chars :) and that worked as :  ) x. - so it’s from the picture smilies it failed.

ipad safari if it matters

They work on my Android phone but I'll check on the iPad later, although it is a V2 one.

Ok Rich message is “The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an emoji”

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:55, SMARTLY said:

Ok Rich message is “The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an emoji”

Not trying to use an inbuilt Apple/Android emoji are you, instead of the forum smilies?

Sorry, I forgot to try this on our iPad. Are you selecting an emoji icon from the list, typing a shortcut or doing what theboy said and trying to insert an Apple one?

Not sure, I'll try it again later. The shortcut works i.e. : ). I'll report back. Could well have been an apple !!

So just trying this :), how weird most of post disappeared ... on keyboard is a smiley 

works differently now, no error message but doesn’t post it or anything after it. 

So didn’t post all of line including Apple emoticon - don’t worry about it Rich :)

if you are picking a smilie from the Apple/Android on-screen keyboard, that will not work.  You need to either type smilie manually, or select from the smilie from the list on the icons above the space you type in...