Horror of the week 30-06-07

Tony

Scenario This Mondeo was in for a clutch. A locked fee of £400 was quoted, then the nightmare began...

Every bolt the technician tried to undo either broke or rounded off... Hours was wasted removing clamps and pipework off the sub-frame......... The he snapped two power steering pipes dumping oil everywhere.

Finally it was time to remove the sub-frame then "horror".. Both the rear chassis rail captive bolts broke free "inside the chassis" This now meant cutting open the rails to remove them and weld in replacements....

That's it so far.... Apparently next week it will be re-built?

post-2-1183214388.jpg

post-2-1183214420.jpg

post-2-1183214455.jpg

All for £400 inc vat :thumbsup_anim:

OMG that dont look good m8.ive never had that agro when doin a clutch on 1 but sure i will experiance it sooner or later.......£400 sound's dear to me but also sound's cheap concidering what work you got to put in to it to sort it...last 1 i had done i got done at a clutch centre,and cost me £200 for a mondeo with cable clutch.and thay siad £230 if it were hydrolic...

I take it that was a MK2, looks it?

As you know one of my captive nuts sheared along with the subframe bolt, had to go through the floor to get it out. I suppose I should get a new nut welded on but it's been fine the past 18 months. That's why I was dreading it when I thought me diff had gone and the frame would need dropping. Another reason I'm putting off doing the front ARB bushes cos if a bolt snaps it's probably gonna cost me! :thumbsup_anim:

The other 3 bolts were ok but were only hand tight. The bloke who sorted it for me put loads of locktite on them with no copper grease so I dunno what they'd be like to undo now! :thumbsup_anim:

As you know one of my captive nuts sheared along with the subframe bolt, had to go through the floor to get it out. I suppose I should get a new nut welded on but it's been fine the past 18 months. That's why I was dreading it when I thought me diff had gone and the frame would need dropping. Another reason I'm putting off doing the front ARB bushes cos if a bolt snaps it's probably gonna cost me! :blink:

The other 3 bolts were ok but were only hand tight. The bloke who sorted it for me put loads of locktite on them with no copper grease so I dunno what they'd be like to undo now! :thumbsup_anim:

Well it's a MK1 & 3/4 of you take the rust into account..... A real "dog mobile" to be honest... If you put £10 of petrol in it you have doubled the value.... Anyway what fools are they to lock the fee at £400 :thumbsup_anim:

As you know one of my captive nuts sheared along with the subframe bolt, had to go through the floor to get it out. I suppose I should get a new nut welded on but it's been fine the past 18 months. That's why I was dreading it when I thought me diff had gone and the frame would need dropping. Another reason I'm putting off doing the front ARB bushes cos if a bolt snaps it's probably gonna cost me! :D

Well it's a MK1 & 3/4 of you take the rust into account..... A real "dog mobile" to be honest... If you put £10 of petrol in it you have doubled the value.... Anyway what fools are they to lock the fee at £400 :thumbsup_anim:

good old mondeo's you got to love em realy :blink:

As you know one of my captive nuts sheared along with the subframe bolt, had to go through the floor to get it out. I suppose I should get a new nut welded on but it's been fine the past 18 months. That's why I was dreading it when I thought me diff had gone and the frame would need dropping. Another reason I'm putting off doing the front ARB bushes cos if a bolt snaps it's probably gonna cost me! :(

The other 3 bolts were ok but were only hand tight. The bloke who sorted it for me put loads of locktite on them with no copper grease so I dunno what they'd be like to undo now! :mellow:

good old mondeo's you got to love em realy :lol:

Let's drain the canal and have a count... :D

As you know one of my captive nuts sheared along with the subframe bolt, had to go through the floor to get it out. I suppose I should get a new nut welded on but it's been fine the past 18 months. That's why I was dreading it when I thought me diff had gone and the frame would need dropping. Another reason I'm putting off doing the front ARB bushes cos if a bolt snaps it's probably gonna cost me! :(

The other 3 bolts were ok but were only hand tight. The bloke who sorted it for me put loads of locktite on them with no copper grease so I dunno what they'd be like to undo now! :mellow:

"rotfl" :D :D

As you know one of my captive nuts sheared along with the subframe bolt, had to go through the floor to get it out. I suppose I should get a new nut welded on but it's been fine the past 18 months. That's why I was dreading it when I thought me diff had gone and the frame would need dropping. Another reason I'm putting off doing the front ARB bushes cos if a bolt snaps it's probably gonna cost me! :D

"rotfl" :( :D

I'm just thinking of the kids?... If it weren't for the Mondeo Heinz wouldn't have any tin for the baked beans next year :D

Note: Only joking so please don't send the Mondeo squad around to duff me up....