rear passive assisted steering

melmose

the ford focus year 2015 , has rear passive assisted steering. what effect does that have on the geometry of the car ?is it worth having or is it just another toy like the automatic handbrake which seems to be favoured by the car makers at the moment?   thanks in advance ,  melmose :)  .

It certainly helps with parking so i would say it's an asset. That being said getting used to it for the experienced driver is difficult because on low speed corners it feels like massive oversteer.

You sure the Focus has got this? Not seen it in the specs. and although I've got a 2014 spec thought I was up to speed with the newer MK 3.5. Your not confusing it with the parallel and nose-on parking or park-out assist?

It certainly helps with parking so i would say it's an asset. That being said getting used to it for the experienced driver is difficult because on low speed corners it feels like massive oversteer.

Had rear steering on my old prelude, was brilliant for parking!