Bottom 50 MOT performers.......

Tony

But (with the exception of bad rust) surely it says more about the people that run them than the cars themselves, doesn't it?

I was thinking that too, but then I saw the Scenic on the list, and I remember despite it being cared for the same as our other cars stuff just kept going wrong with it!

We normally hang on to our cars for a while, but got rid of the scenic after just over 4 years (and that was owning from brand new so only one year into needing MOTs)

The Scenic is a horrible car, I don't like them at all or any French car TBH. I have to say though since owning Jap cars they have been very reliable bar the brake calipers but I could just be unlucky with those!

The car itself was fine for what it was, but the reliability was awful. In those 4 years, it suffered a major oil leak requiring an engine rebuild (not even sure if the block was replaced), a new auto gearbox and a new driveshaft - and that was just the major items!

Wasn't some of that under warranty?

The engine was, the gearbox wasn't but they paid for part of it as a goodwill gesture. The driveshaft wasn't, but just p/exd the car as we couldn't be bothered with it any more. Bit harsh to p/ex it with the problem, but they didn't offer much for it so it was only fair.

This was back in the days of 12 month warranties by the way, and it still managed to go wrong within it!

not completely sold on the data here unless i have missed something. The bottom 50 cars are all in excess if 10+ years but the top ten are all only just coming to the age where they need an MOT? 

I would be interested to see the top 10 cars of 10+ years that fly though the MOT. i would wager a lot of them will be japanese ;)

• Like 1

not completely sold on the data here unless i have missed something. The bottom 50 cars are all in excess if 10+ years but the top ten are all only just coming to the age where they need an MOT? 

I would be interested to see the top 10 cars of 10+ years that fly though the MOT. i would wager a lot of them will be japanese ;)

I seem to recall from data read elsewhere that old Porsches do well.

I am generally unimpressed by the way that the site presents these kinds of data. There must be more accessible presentations that are less of a struggle to get into and where comparisons can be made more readily.