Is someone trying to be funny?.......

Tony

It was a funny joke..... Tried the strimmer yesterday and it lasted 6in before it broke..... Saying buy cheap buy twice :banghead:

How cheap could it possibly have been? I have a Bosch or B&D one (can't remember which) that works perfectly well, and it only cost £20  :whistle:

Well it was £26 plus a 20% staff discount..... I mean at that sort of money i wasn't expecting miracles but 6in lifespan is taking the p**s :thumbsdown_anim:

This might have been a better investment:

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-power-tools/grass-trimmers-brush-cutters/electric_grass_trimmers/Bosch-Electric-Grass-Trimmer-ART-26-Easytrim-9786954

It was a funny joke..... Tried the strimmer yesterday and it lasted 6in before it broke..... Saying buy cheap buy twice :banghead:

It actually broke (what happened?) or the cord snapped cos it caught on something and you need to pull it out?

The cord snaps on all strimmers no matter what it cost, we have a cheap Qualcast one, which was about £15 and it does the job.

I took the reel out and tried to pull the wire out but it wasn't having none of it.... Made me laugh, on the box it says "gardening made easy" hell yes cos it don't work :rolleyes: In fact i've not had a good run with gardening equipment, last year i bought a lawn mower, strimmer combo and the lawn mower caught fire first time i used it :blink:

Just started cutting the grass ( no stones ) when one side of the twin cord snapped and the other side wouldn't feed out ( auto feed ) Well no feed then no strimmer.

Sometimes when ours snaps the cord goes right inside and I have to take it apart and pull it out again. So it still works, it's just that you need to take it apart, pull the cord out and thread it through the hole again.

They all snap at some point though and need manually feeding back out. Usually they break close to the hole and the force of it spinning makes it go inside.

The better ones are probably those that use blades rather than cord.