Advice on Mazda dealership alignment

David Anderson

I have no idea when I aske him he said oh the caster yeah it's all too tight. This is the service manager. He said " I took it out and because of the wet weather I couldn't chuck it round the corners as these cars are bad inn the wet, but it all seems good "

Obviously he's blind and didn't notice the steeribg wheel being an inch off - kwik fit could do a better job - my local kwik fit now have a hunter machine which is interesting.

Really annoyed with the steeribg wheel. Getting in my nerves all the way to work.

Get your money back....... If that was a meal at a restaurant you wouldn't eat it, would you pay for that!

The castor adjuster can get tight because the bushing sits in a horizontal position allowing water the react with the bushing core. Nevertheless they have moved the castor before so i'm struggling with that one.

oh and just because quick sh*t have hunter machines doesn't mean they know how to use them...

thats like me saying I can drive like an F1 star because I have just purchased myself a 2013 race car from mclaren.

I may have the kit but I would be no where near as good as the pros

I did mention that it was different from before though, he said the caster is only different from the other print outs because he has moved other things and that affects it.

Well yes it does but not by the amount shown, anyway was this problem mentioned on the first adjustment?

Tell them they are getting bad press Online due to their performance and get your money back. Give me the trim-height so i can give you the correct datum and then go to www.alignmycar.co.uk and find a place from there that looks good to you. I will contact them to assure they are up to the task.

I did warn you:

In this case I think the dealer has already proved they are not the best and I would say it's unlikely they will rectify their previous errors, if they can't get it right in two attempts then probability says they won't get it right next time.

Cut your losses and do as Tony suggests ;)

This place is a couple of miles from me http://www.pro-grip.org.uk/ and comes recommended.

I think they will be reluctant to do a refund and it was only mentioned when I called him over to ask why the caster was still not equal on this occasion,.

Angles that have been adjusted three times before have been adjusted because they where wrong and they are still bloody wrong. The numbers on the printout in BOLD is telling them that and yet it's ignored.

If the OSF castor adjuster is sized then ok, but reduce the NSF to offer balance? Ok it's not ideal but it would be a better drive than you currently have, or are they so stupid not to recognize that?

I'm not surprised they can't get it right when they don't even spell your surname correctly on the printout!  :banghead:

we need a smiley that bangs his head against a wall..

this dealer sounds like a cowboy outfit!

Just for you Adam, see above!  ;)

I'm not surprised they can't get it right when they don't even spell your surname correctly on the printout!  :banghead:

we need a smiley that bangs his head against a wall..

this dealer sounds like a cowboy outfit!

Just for you Adam, see above!  ;)

Me likey :banghead:

Will be stopping in on the way home from work and will see what they say - im sure they will be p**sed at me coming in yet again lol not straitening the steering wheel is a joke, well it was already dead strait so effectively putting it out is a joke - even if things are sized and cant be adjusted that is just silly and annoying. 

I've spoken to John at http://www.pro-grip.org.uk/ and he's well clued up on the MX5. I also gave him a heads up on the problems you have had and the possible castor adjuster issue.

He actually knows of wheels-inmotion, not sure if that's a good or bad thing? Good i suppose, but anyway he is expecting a call.

I've spoken to John at http://www.pro-grip.org.uk/ and he's well clued up on the MX5. I also gave him a heads up on the problems you have had and the possible castor adjuster issue.

He actually knows of wheels-inmotion, not sure if that's a good or bad thing? Good i suppose, but anyway he is expecting a call.

Thanks for that :) will see if Mazda will refund their alignment fee and book in I think! 

Remember this.... What's in BOLD on the right hand side of the adjustment printout means it's out of Mazda's tolerance. So that's the front toe, the front castor, the front SAI, the front Included angle, and the rear camber. Seemingly the OSF castor adjuster is seized, so what about the rest then?

And all this without the fact there's a 15mm height disparity on the front or the fact there's no target data input because the trim height request wasn't respected...... Shall i go on.  

Service manager phoned who done the alignment and said I will straiten the wheel for you that's no problem, stuck to my guns and said there's no way I'm having the car in to you for a 4th time...nor am I paying again for it to be done somewhere else, either they can pay an independent garage to have it done or refund the  money. Gonna call me back again.

Asked about the caster which he said the bolts no sized the nut is so the bush is just spinning on both sides so the castor cant be adjusted, its common on mx5's and  needs the bold burned off and bush replaced due to the burning. If infact correct and mentioned 1st time round or even the other day in this detail I would have probably opted to have that and new bush for all that would cost, even a 2nd hand one!

Mentioned the trim height wasn't noted anywhere and he said that's not what matters its done by measurement of weight/fuel in the car to get the numbers to aim for.

The blokes just blowing bubbles...... The printout doesn't have any camber/ castor data so once again what number where they shooting for?  As for the adjuster they can seize but if the bolt is turning but not forming an adjustment then the bolt is at fault..... Are they going to do you some sort of deal?