• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole incident has been a great advert for you as far as I'm concerned! So many had tried and failed to make any difference at all - only WIM had the competence to help and even if nothing else you proved that the car can be saved.

I've turned into something of an evangelist for you guys. Been spreading the good word non-stop. :)

As far as I'm concerned it's highly unlikely that a weight is to blame. It came on gradually over two days. Surely a weight would be "all or nothing"?

In any case I'll be interested to hear what you find. Will call ASAP to see if you can squeeze me in any time soon.

From personal experience a weight can come loose but not fall off and then is free to move around the rim.

Question for Tony how can the man-in-the street tighten them? I know where it goes as there are marks ......

Interesting, thanks. The ones on my car are "stick-ons" inside the rim. I'd have thought that the faster you go the harder they're held in place, unlike the clip on types.

I was home very late last night so no chance to do anything. Hopefully tonight I can take a look and see if anything seems to be missing.

Front wheels both have one set of weights on, both are stuck down and seem 100% secure.

Should I have been expecting more than one set?

As I didn't have time to call (again) today I'll try tomorrow. Is there any chance of dropping by on Saturday?