Haweka - Vamag AM2003BT Wheel Aligner - advice?

rammy

hi, just wanted your opinion on this wheel aligner

its supplied from Haweka

its a Vamag AM2003BT wheel aligner - specs are in the link below.

http://www.vamag.co.uk/product-details/

we are very new to wheel alignment but should be drafting someone in to run the machine.

were trying to use it to set up cars geometry in the general market aswell as the performance and tuning market (more towards the performance and tuning market)

setting up cars for fast road setups, track setups, drag and drift setups.

also want to use this in conjunction for corner weighting a vehicle aswell.

their are soo many wheel aligners on the market and its difficult to choose, but this vamag one came as a full package with a competitive price tag.

we are deciding to use this with a 2 poster ramp to start off with, along with wheel alignment support tables along with turn plates.

and go for the Haweka pro clamps upgrade.

are these machines any good? and would it do the trick for what were hoping to achieve?

Thanks for any advice given.

Be careful with any clamp that bolts to the wheel, they can do much damage..... As for using it on a two poster your going to have issues doing the run-out compensation. Also unlike the guy in the video don't measure the chassis with the drivers door open.

hi tony, ive been told that the clamps only lightly sit on the wheel and they are plastic tips (number 4) comparing to the metal ones on the other versions of clamps,

and when you tighten it, the bars on the left and right (number 3) dig into the tyre to get a tight grip. Should this reduce my chances or damaging the wheel? as thats what i was told.

and i was also told by the sales rep that with these new clamps and the way its designed i didnt need to so a run out compensation?? but the other 4 prong clamps i have to do the run out compensation, thats why i upgraded to the pro clamps. Is this correct?

and the wheel alignment support tables look like they have a section where you can do the run-out compensation by the looks of it, what do you think, is that enough space?

pics and link are below

http://www.liftmasteruk.com/news/?newsid=10

Pro_Clamp_Plus_LRG.jpg

Wheelalignmentsupporttables.jpg

Wheelalignmentsupporttables2.jpg

ROC eliminates clamping errors and buckles in the rims so it's a must do. To my knowledge this involves at least a 45 degree roll back/ forth so those platforms are to short if you have an 18"+ wheel/ tyre. The clamps now you have explained sound fine.

Tony- great at least the clamps are fine, yeah I can see what you mean by the 18" wheels... Al have to look into that.

Rich- the tables are from this company below and they say each table is rated to 800kg each

But apart from that is the rest of the equiptment fine? Will it do all the stuff that I should need it to do?

The huntres system is called a 3d aligner, this one has 8ccd cameras in total, 2per wheel, would I still class this as a 3d aligner?

It's 3D imagine but doesn't acquire in 3D..... The only other thing i would check is that it allows for "wheels raised" adjustments. This is so you can adjust camber on the likes of BMW which involves moving the strut top mount. 

Tony- have you used this vamag setup before?

were in machester / stockport, if you do want to have a play with it IF you want to then your more than welcome to come down when we get it, which is hopefully in a few weeks, I say this because it will increase your knowledge on the other ranges of new machines on the Market.

Do you provide some sort of training? Just for my knoledge as like I said I should be drafting someone in to run the machine

99% of the time you don't need to remove the wheel and obviously if you do then you need to do the ROC again. And as said don't measure the car like they did in the vid with the drivers door open.

Rich- the tables are from this company below and they say each table is rated to 800kg each

Thanks for the link.

Isn't it alot of faffing about though? Raise the car on the 2 poster, put the tables into position and then lower the car. How will you raise the front of the car to make adjustments with the wheels on or off? Can a 2 poster just lift the front, is there some kind of floor lift you can use or can you raise the whole car instead?

I suppose if you're tight on space and can't fit a 4 poster lift it's the only thing you can do though.