Sitting down on the job!

• 7 months later...

I've not posted on this thread for a while but I've just done an advert that has so many overexposed photos on it. If this isn't a good example of why you should get a professional to take the photos/process them, then I don't know what is. Yes I could sort them in photoshop but I don't have time to do that.

photos.jpg

Saw a house the other day where the photos were taken with a lens that makes things look bigger the closer they are - don't name of lens - anyway imagine the kitchen with the oven closest to you, it looked double width. The whole house looked out of perspect.

It's shocking the number of agents that use iPhones and similar to take their marketing photos - you'd think they were a bunch of morons  :rolleyes:  :lol:

I know prices are crazy now but a 1 bed flat in E17 for £300k!!  :o

Prices are crazy around that area, even more so in Chingford, Chigwell etc. How do they expect first time buyers to get on to the property ladder with prices like those.

The photos in that example were actually taken with a Nikon L810 (Bridge Camera) looking at the EXIF data so just goes to show even with a decent camera people can still take crap photos. The house is overexposed and the sky is so blown it's white. If you look in the windows you can actually see the reflection shows it is blue.

Here is a quick before and after I did with 5 minutes of photoshop.

house before after.jpg

Saw a house the other day where the photos were taken with a lens that makes things look bigger the closer they are - don't name of lens - anyway imagine the kitchen with the oven closest to you, it looked double width. The whole house looked out of perspect.

Could've been a really wide lens or a fisheye?

It's shocking the number of agents that use iPhones and similar to take their marketing photos - you'd think they were a bunch of morons :rolleyes: :lol:

I know prices are crazy now but a 1 bed flat in E17 for £300k!! :o

Walthamtow prices are crazy!!

So are these pictures by the sellers/ owners?

No by the estate agents (or people they give the work to), would you want to take your own photos if you were paying someone else to do it.

• 9 months later...

The agent who this photo belongs to have all their photos like this! Every week they advertise the same properties, these have been on for months and are in Harrow, which usually sell very quickly.

I think it was getting on for £500k. They always seem to use interior photos for their advert, better off with the exterior if they can't take nice ones. They even use google street view photos!

Same agent as above.

Last week they used this photo, which TBH isn't that bad, the bin could've been moved though.

last weeks.jpg

This week they wanted to change it to this to start with!

this weeks 2.JPG

Then settled on this one with the roof cut off!

this weeks 1.JPG

The first one was much better, I don't understand their logic in changing it  :blink: