CCTV Footage of the Gas tanker going up

Tony

Its because the explosion is not just at the tanker, but from the surrounding air/gas combination exploding as well.

I bet it would have looked very impressive from above - you can see this effect very well here at about 30 seconds in, and again

It's the knobheads on the road you have watch out for, the amount of times I was passed in a no passing zone, AND on corners was crazy. I had tanker/hazmat when I drove semi back stateside. The acceleration was very slow and you had to be smooth with your inputs or you could start sloshing everything around. The tanks have baffles in them, but when you get that much fluid moving around....

If you stop fast you can push yourself into an intersection if you are not careful and control the weight. Granted I wasn't moving fuel around, just ammonia and other ag chemicals but it is risky when you don't get the respect from other drivers. I can understand a little on why the fuel drivers were striking for pay and working conditions, brave indeed to deal with the motorists on the road.