The Cyclists revenge (justified version)

phipck

Tony posted a video of a twonk on a bike breaking a cars wingmirror because the twonk was incapable of sharing the road. We all contributed our own perspective of the video and some quite tence comments about people views of cyclists in general and i wanted to show the other side, one that I have experienced and one that is mostly expressed in this persons video,

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!

not all cyclists are idiots, much like drivers. Not all cyclists are safe, much like drivers. We are all, as members of the public, free to use the public roads safely but should be considerate of other road users, no matter how they choose to use it.

really? obviously im looking at this video from a different perspective but im interested in what you think. People pulling out in front of you no matter what vehical you are in is dangerous and damn stupid, im not surprised he was angry, but im curious as to why you think he is agressive? and would you say the cab drivers and the chap on the bridge overtake bit was agressive or not?

simple honest curiosity,

He consistanly puts himself in a situation you can see coming a mile off and then gets all riled up about he seems to try and provoke a confrontation , no need for it anyone who drives in London and gets that upset every time they get cut up wouldnt last long it does your blood pressure no good

I can definitely see that cars were at fault in a lot of those clips but also that he was having a go just because cars were close to him but not in cycle lanes. Some instances look like he could easily cycle closer to the kerb allowing himself more room. He also has an aversion to using his brakes when cars are turning in front of him at a reasonable distance.

He's clearly only pointing out that cyclists are in total danger on the roads at all times but nothing about the dangers that cyclists get themselves into or cause others.

I used to cycle a lot in years gone by and only twice have vehicles pulled in front then braked (busses both times). I have nearly been hit 3 times by drivers not looking, on two occasions I was not on the correct part of the road. Both times white lining in massive traffic jams that left no room by the kerb. Both me and the drivers at fault.

It would take me 50 years to accumulate that may "incidents" shown on the video, so I think a lot were put on by the cyclist basically to be biassed against drivers.

I also think he was aggressive and cycled like he owned the roads.

Now can someone find a compilation of all the aggressive, dangerous and illegal incidences committed by cyclists against pedestrians and other road users. Sorry I don't have the time to do one myself.

I've had another little run through of that vid and I count more instances where the cyclist could easily avoided conflict by cycling closer to the kerb, than cars clearly at fault. Some instances were actually his fault for cycling in the middle of a lane or the outside edge of cycle lanes.

Watch again and look closely at his road position.

He makes a point that he doesnt need to ride in the gutter by law but the highway code does say that slower vehicles should be prepared to pull over and stop to allow faster traffic to pass , you are right though his road position does put him in conflict with other road users , in many of the instances where he is cut up simply slowing down a little would have been the right action and prevented any conflict but he doesnt take any avoiding action simply shouts at the traffic like some kind of mentalist , slowing down to allow another vehicle to come in is something that we as car drivers do all the time and mostly without thinking, bottom line you dont accelerate into a hazard ....unless you are Russian

I worked in London for a while I had to ferry diplomatic documents from embassy to embassy in central London, its not a job I miss at all

That video proves exactly what annoys me most, cyclists that behave like self-righteous w***ers that believe they're some kind of higher being on the road. In the same way a car has to give way to cyclists, cyclists have to give way to other vehicles as well. If something bigger and faster overtakes you, you have to drop back accordingly, not simply keep going as normal and then shout and scream about it.

That last clip with the cabbie was perfect, assuming that camera is lined up correctly, he looks like he is cycling on the edge of the cycle lane, or perhaps even in the road. And then complains that the cab is too close.

He's just out there trying to create trouble and trying to make the other motorists look bad. It's a disgrace to the few decent cyclists there are out there who are courteous and well mannered on the road.

Here's my take on the video...

First point is it's a film taken from the cyclists perceptive which is fair enough given the reasoning is the motorists ignorance toward cyclists. It appears to me from the vid he has some anger issues and if we are honest in some parts he puts himself in harms way.

My personal feeling when approaching cyclists is caution, i find they are unpredictable, swerving around drains and alike without considering the motorist who has predicted the space needed to pass the cyclist and the approaching car, the relationship between the two can become very funnelled.

I also recognize some motorists consider cyclists as road fodder and treat them with utter discontent, this is see during my daily drive and can understand why cyclists get upset.....